Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasever LSR473ML-100 DPSS laser review

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Rick;

You're referring to this map by the National Lightning Safety Institue, right?

Yeah, Florida gets a lot of lightning. Most people think of Kansas, Oklahoma, or Texas, but Florida is the king.

As to why they launch rockets from there - well, I've got a feeling it has a lot more to do with orbital mechanics than lightning safety. (It's pretty far south, yet there isn't any land downrange for nearly 4000 miles - unlike Texas, where debris from a failed launch could land in Florida...)

Adam
    Hi Adam,

Yep that's the stats, but it was 126 deaths in 13 years. I stand corrected but close enough for lightning !

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

I wish I did live in Florida........would have been at FLEM. I am about 450 miles north of there.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Rick;

Eh - close enough for remembering it off the top of your head. Like I said, most people don't even recognise Florida as being the lightning capital of the states...

Mecheng3:

Yeah, you missed a good time - no doubt about it. Hopefully we can do it again in the summer at a location that is a bit closer to you.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Rick;

Eh - close enough for remembering it off the top of your head. Like I said, most people don't even recognise Florida as being the lightning capital of the states...

Mecheng3:

Yeah, you missed a good time - no doubt about it. Hopefully we can do it again in the summer at a location that is a bit closer to you.

Adam
    Heh Adam,

How about starting a report on FLEM in the lounge area to peek interest and let people know who attended and what the others missed. Any plans for the next meeting or SELEM. But you'll have to clear your throat first and get rid of that congestion by horking up those loogies .
    Rick (just Joking, the mental Imagery of that name kills me)
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover
    you'll have to clear your throat first and get rid of that congestion by horking up those loogies
    Ack! Cough - cough! Eeerack! Huuuuuchk! Ptui! (Splat)

Hehe... It is a funny-sounding name. Makes it sound like everyone had a nasty cold or something. (bleah!)

Good idea about the teaser post in the lounge. I'll take care of it. (Here is a link to my initial comments upon returning from FLEM.)

As far as SELEM goes - we're still discussing options. Right now, as always, the choice of a venue is the big issue. Once that gets nailed down, I'm certain the rest will fall into place. I'm meeting with a few folks next week that may have an option for us - though it is in North Carolina instead of Atlanta. We'll see how it goes. (There are some other possibilities as well, but it's too early yet to commit to a single location.)

Adam

i was playing with tuning this device, and it was some kind of fun)
    it's really have some losses in power after a long run, but after i use an active cooling and done a driver tuning in this 'steady state' mode, i have catched some good modes and as for a 10hrs test i didnt notice any power instability then after retune. i guess i even make an underdrive of diode and raised output power to its nominal rating. it was really long tune))) i spent 3hrs to just catch the good crystal/diode thermal mode combination adjusting current and tec temperature. but i guess i have gained some stable blue power in a value of 90-110mw range. i would say it for sure if only i would have a lasermeter, not a look-meter ,, hovewer 100mw of blue istnt lights my room as my 300mw green ( which was considered so from beginning, of course), and i want more blue now))) lol.

i also have very good experiance with lasever
    no problems as of yet with my 100 mw blue
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!

im on my second 100mw 473nm from lasever
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat