Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin , comes up trumps again !

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Those hardware fans like to drink the hard stuff don't they!
    ... and mixing Stella with EvoStick is a recipe for disaster!

At least you'll never drop your can
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    ... and mixing Stella with EvoStick is a recipe for disaster!
    And you know this how? I remember a guy who loved to bolt himself into a workshop where he restored furniture. I went in there one day and got high within seconds on the toluene or trichloroethane or whatever it was... I swear that air could have been ignited!

Sounds interesting! I once painted the inside of a shed with creosote on a hot summers day and ended walking in rather wobbly lines. You don't always realise you are getting high until it's too late!..... well, that's my excuse anyway

I reckon in occasional doses it's actually good for us. People talk of how it destroys brain cells but given how one of the effects is how weird and new the world looks at such moments it's probably reshaping neural pathways and causing us to make good new connections later. And I bet there's a reason that life provided pigs with fermented apples in corners of orchards... Keeps them smart, in moderation! As for Huxley and his Doors of Perception, nothing new there, I just think he fancied the architecture...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I reckon in occasional doses it's actually good for us. People talk of how it destroys brain cells but given how one of the effects is how weird and new the world looks at such moments it's probably reshaping neural pathways and causing us to make good new connections later. And I bet there's a reason that life provided pigs with fermented apples in corners of orchards... Keeps them smart, in moderation! As for Huxley and his Doors of Perception, nothing new there, I just think he fancied the architecture...
    A touch off topic - but I agree. Shamans, Seers, Sages were valued for their insight into what is - thanks to what we are told, is not!

I'm curious about the safety aspect when the laptops crashed.
    The Fb3 cards will project the last image in memory if the supply voltage is present from the USB port.

The FB3-QS contains no memory for show storage:

http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm

I'm not saying it can't happen for definite as I'm not in know having never suffered a crash whilst displaying, but I've also never heard of one displaying an image on a system crash.

With respect, if you are relying on software operation as part of your safety case, you are doing laser safety wrong...

The risk assessment should identify a software/computer failure as being a reasonably foreseeable fault, therefore other controls (precautions) would be needed to ensure the safety of those that could be exposed.

James
    Last edited by JStewart; 08-29-2013 at 00:43.
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

I would imagine that in this scanario, the fact that its unattended means that people aren't in the firing line, and that any failure that might result in an exposure is handled (e.g. beam blocks).
    So I would imagine that a static image caused by a sotware failure wouldn't pose a safety risk, but might become a bit boring...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.