Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest setup in gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3
    The default setting was 25kpps @ 40 deg scanning. This was a starting point....amps tuned close....well in the area. I have limited scanning down to 8 deg for some time and set the speed in the software @ 30kpps. They really make a lot of noise when you try to display a raster image, but otherwise they do pretty well. Just had to see you know.I have tried to push them to 35kpps but they don't like that. Some frames it realy works them at that speed. Maybe get a set of DT-40's or a raytrack set soon. I will have to wait though. Unless someone gives me a set to evaluate at a very reasonable price.
    I wouldn't waste my money on DT-40's because of the crappy aluminum coated mirrors (losing 10% power at 457 nm) with the high price of blue photons. Save your money for CT 6800 hp or better with much higher quality mirrors that don't lose power throught them, are designed better and last forever, wheras you're a guinea pig with Chinese galvos that are also very noisy and no track record on performance. You pay for what you get.
    Cavest Emptor.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

I wouldn't waste my money on DT-40's because of the crappy aluminum coated mirrors (losing 10% power at 457 nm) with the high price of blue photons. Save your money for CT 6800 hp or better with much higher quality mirrors that don't lose power throught them, are designed better and last forever, wheras you're a guinea pig with Chinese galvos that are also very noisy and no track record on performance. You pay for what you get.
    Cavest Emptor.
    Mirrors can be replaced for right around $20. http://www.laser-light-show.com/hardw2.htm

the 40's and 40pro's are quite different. You cant get 40's new anymore.

The Cambridge galvos are designed better, I'll give you that one. But they wont last forever, nothing ever does. I had a 6800 set die on me, the bearings flaked(post buy-out steel ball in raceway crown-lock type).

The RMA repair cost alone coupled with the average 8 week lead time could instead purchase a new set of dt40pro's. Furthermore: I can snag 2 sets of 40pro's for the cost of a single 6800 set.

I guess it comes down to what you really want/need. If I needed 60k for raster projection or some of those insanely complex shows bundled with pangolin, then Id go for a Cambridge 6215/amp set. If I wanted bragging rights or high resale value, I would once again go with Cambridge. But if I wanted a to do 30-40k at a price that wouldn't make me whimper if they flaked out during a show I'd get dt40pro's.

As far as track record goes, your absolutely right. I often think about how to increase the adoption rate of dt40pro's and get the subsequent track record therein contained. I still have a set sitting here for Bill Benner if things ever chill out over there long enough for him to play with a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec
    Cavest Emptor.
    Mirrors can be replaced for right around $20. http://www.laser-light-show.com/hardw2.htm

the 40's and 40pro's are quite different. You cant get 40's new anymore.

The Cambridge galvos are designed better, I'll give you that one. But they wont last forever, nothing ever does. I had a 6800 set die on me, the bearings flaked(post buy-out steel ball in raceway crown-lock type).

The RMA repair cost alone coupled with the average 8 week lead time could instead purchase a new set of dt40pro's. Furthermore: I can snag 2 sets of 40pro's for the cost of a single 6800 set.

I guess it comes down to what you really want/need. If I needed 60k for raster projection or some of those insanely complex shows bundled with pangolin, then Id go for a Cambridge 6215/amp set. If I wanted bragging rights or high resale value, I would once again go with Cambridge. But if I wanted a to do 30-40k at a price that wouldn't make me whimper if they flaked out during a show I'd get dt40pro's.

As far as track record goes, your absolutely right. I often think about how to increase the adoption rate of dt40pro's and get the subsequent track record therein contained. I still have a set sitting here for Bill Benner if things ever chill out over there long enough for him to play with a pair.
    I agree mirors can be replaced but most people here aren't capable of cutting the glass down to size 3/16" X 3/8" since NML doesn't have those custom sizes and secondly trying to remove the old mirrors with the appropriate solvent and making a proper jig to align and glue the high quality mirrors is no easy feat. The bearing assembly could easily be damaged in the process and any misalignment would limit your maximum speed and increase the noise level . Even a slight imbalance in the mirror mounting such as uneven distribution of glue will cause problems. I noted the uneven distribution of the white compound they used to mount the aluminum mirrors to begin with.
    Why didn't they mount good quality mirrors to start with and save all the headaches with quality and power loss.
    Granted the DT40's are cheaper if you like to live in a disposable society but I've had the same set of CT6800hp galvos since 1999 . They perform flawlessly and reliably to this day. I have serious doubts about any of the Chinese clones from personal experience.
    Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Another option for the DT40's in regards to mirrors, would be to purchase JMLaser replacement mirrors..

Or just buy the JMLaser scan set with the DT40 Galvos..

Speaking from a reliability point of view, we have seen very few returns of the galvos we have been selling, and personally we are running 6 projectors with 30/40k scanners. Granted, we do not push them to their limits, mainly for the sake of reliability..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

About the mirrors.

I also know the mirror not very good.But buy the good mirrors not easy in China.
    Because the mirror of the manufactory all like big order and cheaper and easy to make.
    They afraid and hate high quailty samll quantity order ,difficult to make .

But have a good news.
    I was order the good quality mirrors,wait for delivery.
    Coating,S1:400-700nm HR R>98%
    angle:22-67
    BK7 or K9

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Will you be selling the mirrors to us that bought your DT40Pro's Jian?
    How much?

Jim

count me in also!!

I'd like to get a couple pair too!

Adam

The difficult is install the mirror in center +-0.01mm!!!

And install the new mirror must readjust the driver.
    :!: :!: :!:
    JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner