Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newest setup in gallery

Default Newest setup in gallery

This thing is coming along great. It's a lot stronger looking than I expected, and is not at full power.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Nice work, Mecheng3!

What galvos are you using? I don't recognize them....

Adam

They are the 9024 "wide moves" from JM Lasers. Honest.... the cover was loose......so you know a few pix had to happen.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

That's a nice tight set up you got there. You have any heat issues?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I have a 120 watt TEC that will cool things off. Not much heat to measure at only a few minutes of run time. The 1/2 plate is sinking a lot of the heat away. It will still have to be cooled for full power , extended run times. I will take pix as the TEC project is installed.

I've got this beastly 437watt TEC mounted to a waterblock for a computer. I had an accident and it got left on and melted a few parts. ops: But the TEC still works and the block can be recovered. I have a small pipe dream of fixing it up and mounting it on a plate and have all the lasers mounted on the other side, the hottest one closest to the middle and if it gets too cold, try to mount the power supplies and scanner amp close enough to get in on the action. Then run a watercooling loop to cool the TEC. :roll: It's the computer overclocker in me and I doubt it's feasable but it'd look cool. 8)

I thought the idea of diodes was to get away from those water cooled beasts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

Yea.. but you see this TEC is sitting in a spot where I see it every once and a while and it beconds me to do something with it. And it's a beast. You HAVE to water cool it. It takes a 24volt 25amp power supply. I only used it a few times. I had it on a power strip that had one socket that wasn't controled by the switch but I didn't realize that. I turned the switch off and went to work. I came home and noticed the water inlets and outlets were melted and the copper looked burnt. Seems everything but the powersupply got turned off and when it overheated one of the wires snapped and shorted the ckt breaker. Took me about 10 minutes of real thought before I allowed myself to admit how lucky I was to still have the mobile home I was in at the time... I still get a lil queazy thinking about it. Maybe that's why this is more of a pipe dream. :roll: It would look cool to have a small projector box with a waterblock strapped to the side and maybe a fan on the side blowing out cool air. :twisted: and quiet... some small blacklights and some green coolant. So I have two problems... :P

473 watt TEC? Jez man.... What the hell!?!

Talk about overkill! And I agree with Jimbo... What's the point of building a solid state projector if you end up installing a water-cooling rig on it anyway. (May as well just go with a water-cooled ion laser then and end up with a lot more usable light output.)

The story of your meltdown was funny, but you're right, it could have ended much, much worse.

Mecheng3;

Yeah... The cover was loose. Riiiiiiight. Still, it was cool to see the inside of one. How fast can you push those widemoves? Will they do 30K? Just curious...

Adam

The default setting was 25kpps @ 40 deg scanning. This was a starting point....amps tuned close....well in the area. I have limited scanning down to 8 deg for some time and set the speed in the software @ 30kpps. They really make a lot of noise when you try to display a raster image, but otherwise they do pretty well. Just had to see you know.I have tried to push them to 35kpps but they don't like that. Some frames it realy works them at that speed. Maybe get a set of DT-40's or a raytrack set soon. I will have to wait though. Unless someone gives me a set to evaluate at a very reasonable price.