Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blue beam quality

blue noise. Does anyone else experience this problem?
    Last edited by Zoof; 02-23-2007 at 03:19.

Just a short note to let you know that the laser was returned and the money was refunded incl all shipping charges! Strangely not a word from the seller, communication not so good but he does score point for acting fast without a hassle. I would trust him again although I doubt that I'll ever buy a laser through ebay again - they are too complex and usually don't live up to their specs. Good point about the 'demo laser' expectation, Doc.

cheers,
    Zoof.
    Last edited by Zoof; 02-21-2007 at 22:35.

Lightbulb

That's cool... kinda. What are you going to do for a blue now?

Yeah, kinda. At least no hard feelings about this deal. There is
    one on ebay but it's TTL, right no nobody has bid on it and has an opening bid of 250 Euro.

Won't be going for it but for E 250 its tempting

I would be a bit careful on that one mate ....

why are the beams broken into segments ?.... is running as a pulsed laser or is there a problem with the modulation ?

or are they pulsing the ttl input to show it works ?

think you need to find that out before you bid

all the best KARL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Most large-volume laser sellers use eBay as a shop front. As I said in some other post, best consider lasers sold that way as demo lasers, with the same variable quality you'd get if you went to a shop selling synthesizers and bought an ex-demo model at a discount.

Thats quite an assumption don't you think?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    I would be a bit careful on that one mate ....

why are the beams broken into segments ?.... is running as a pulsed laser or is there a problem with the modulation ?

or are they pulsing the ttl input to show it works ?

think you need to find that out before you bid

all the best KARL
    Good point. I won't be going for this one (ttl, cautious about ebay lasers) but he says that the laser has a modulated input hence the broken likes. He is replacing it with a 100mW laser. This one is from extreme lasers btw. That's all the info I got

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Thats quite an assumption don't you think?
    Yes, but founded on good observation. Anyone who makes a strong exception, maybe strong enough to disprove the rule, is welcome. Adrian Feudale (recently trading as Engineering Concepts, also selling Lasever units) sells most LambdaPro lasers off eBay entirely, to labs. Most that were sold on eBay were over-quota, according to him, and the pick of any run won't likely be going to a risk of poor bidding, they go to those who pay the full asking price. My early UG laser IS very good indeed, but I bought it when it was more important to LambdaPro to use eBay sales to attract business. While I can't be sure that they don't still put out their best lasers that way from time to time, two things suggest not so.

1. I don't think they are selling that way at all anymore, at least, not through Adrian Feudale (who is sole US and Canada distributor), so it's not important to them any more, or they lost money to the point where they quit (and no doubt initially ceased risking their best lasers on eBay).

2. LambdaPro lasers insides were extremely good in early versions in each range; with later ones, it's wise to open and inspect and carefully brush out solder bits before powering up first time. It might have worked on their benches, but after shipment, all bets are off. A biggish chunk dropped out of the PSU case of one of mine, during my first inspection. Also, later boards use less parts, there is a lot more empty board space, suggesting they're cutting costs on those lasers sold on eBay. They'll work to spec (though even that has been a tad loose, at times), but they won't be pushing for excellence as they had been, as they've already proved themselves well enough in that market (eBay). I doubt they lost patience or competence, I just think that they reserve the best for those who pay the full monty. An UG 100 mW laser can still be bought from them, at $795! No-one would pay that on eBay now, so they won't sell their best there.

That's real data there. While I don't know how many firms are the same, I think it's a fair assumption that several are the same, and that the good deals on eBay are those from firms who do a large part of their business that way.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 02-23-2007 at 14:53.

Doctor,
    Do you watch a lot of "House?"
    Are you a PhD or MD?
    Where is "the void?"
    Just curious

Steve

I think he is from South West England. Maybe Bristol.

Jim