Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easylase versus Medialas USB

Thanks Karl Im glad i didnt imagine it ! I guess if there have been no 'hangs or crashes' its indicative of well written drivers.

Its funny about USB cos I slag it off all the time and people look at me like I have the plauge - put it this way I would not trust USB with any critical process, its just not reliable enough - unless of course your computer is made by the fruit company. And when it comes to 'free' USB modems with broadband signups - don't get me started!!!!

OK so we have people with both mamba and easylase so overall has anyone had any issues and what OS are you running with them - I guess mostly XP or maybe a few on 2k, or anyother general comments about either...

Rob

I'm on the medialas usb, mamba black.
    Dell Inspiron 9400 with Centrino Duo.(no comm or lpt ports, 6 usb, 1 vga, 1 svhs and 1 hdi port)
    Windows XP Media Edition.
    Sometimes mamba locks, just delete the virtual comm port and restart mamba to fix.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cruch
    Jian had a compare.doc But it is not on his site.
    Hope he will give us a link again?
    Yes,I have that document.
    Link here :lol:
    http://www.dtelectronic.cn/about.asp?id=2

That is from JMlaser.

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

The page you linked to talks about scanner differences, but at the bottom is this link to the document that compares the different DACs.

Unfortunately, the Medialas USB DAC is not listed on that document. They do have the Easylase USB DAC, and several Ryia products as well.

Adam