Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easylase versus Medialas USB

Default Easylase versus Medialas USB

There are many posts about the Easylase USB with Mamba Black.
    Has anybody compared the EL box with the ML box?

Jim

I had wondered which was the better board - or what the merits/shortcomings of each were - but also seem to remember someone say that Mamba USB box is EL in a box...?
    Anyone confirm or dispell this?

Rob

Definately a totally different board.

Jim

ok thats that then.
    who on here has mamba? Most people seem to refer to EL.

Rob

I got the MediaLas usb box with Mamba Black.

I presumed that it would be better for the Mamba Black software with it being developed/built by the same people.

There have been a few issues with it but it seems to be the software that has had the faults (hence all the bug fixes and revisions).

The box is well built, the only fault that I can say is the DC jack which fell to bits after about a month. I replaced it though.

Jim

Dunno what Im on but I thought u had EL.
    I just got a price on it and was planning on buying v soon so maybe we can get a comparison.
    I use mamba black at the mo on a 98se box using my home brew dac.
    I cant send data faster than 24k when I have XYRGB & Blank plus I would like the extra resolution. Im sure Mamba or Easylase is fine and dandy but I just hate USB anything with a deep routed passion, mainly because of the shite drivers and hence poor execution of most *cheap* usb hardware. I think its also rooted in me being a hardware buff and USB is largly software driven and so prone to going tits up when the mood takes it.

R

I once saw a .pdf that compared the features of 3 or 4 different DACs, and the Easylase USB, Medialas USB, and Ryia USB DAC's were all on it.

Can't seem to find it now though. Anyone else remember seeing this document?

Adam

thats just what we need, I hope someone has it or can remember where it came from.
    Rob

Stan ... I was the one ....
    who said that EL was the same as ML but in a box ... In one of Jimbos posts ....

and i was totaly WRONG .....

some one told me that was the case but llooking at the boards they are totaly different

Stan ... I know what you mean about USB .... My "Real" Job involves working with industrial automation ....
    and since the removal of serial ports from current laptops ... my customers are having major problems
    with connecting to PLCs and interfaces using USB driven virtual ports ..... they just dont work ...

the solution is to trade in their shiny new hi spec laptop for a 3 year old not so shiny POS laptop...

or get one of the High end Dells ... £1200 worth that suports the latest Processor and still has serial and printer ports on it

but i must say ... i use the ML box and i have had no problems whatso ever ... works great every time with no hangs or crashes .....

all the best .. Karl

Jian had a compare.doc But it is not on his site.
    Hope he will give us a link again?