Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AndyF97 - Scams 13 year olds on unfair trades - Highly (un)recommended

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    It was however fully tested by me personally before shipping
    I've read the thread and followed along and, as was mentioned, every story has two sides and I'm not offering comments or anything to do with the situation but, in reading Andy's reply, a question arose in my head. I'm not asking this to be a smart ass or anything. I'm asking for the educational aspect so I know how to go about testing one for future reference. (Should I ever decide to sell one of mine and make sure it works correctly or... want to put one through it's paces after buying a used one from someone else.)

I know Andy has a lot of familiarity with the QM so, my question is, what steps have you come up with to test a card out? Are there some sort of step by step checks you go through to determine if everything is functioning correctly? I'm not an electronics wizard by any stretch of the imagination and all I know is, does Showtime start and run the show? Or, does LD2000 start and run? I've had some error messages with them that have been solved by cleaning the gold electrical contacts with a pencil eraser and then following up with an alcohol swab. That ends my diagnostic abilities. So, aside from that, what specific "tests" would one run? What have you found works that would potentially discover problems in a QM?

Hoping to get a little positive education for everyone out of what is a very unfortunate thread and set of circumstances.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-28-2013 at 09:17.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Brad, for you, its pretty much a functionality check. If the software does not report a error, and the DAC and color output looks clean on a oscilloscope, its pretty much good to go. Things can be done such as re-socketing the RAM. However circuit boards do age, so one must pay attention to corrosion. There is a terminal program that can talk to the board in more in-depth ways at Pangolin's lab.

I have to check out a used card tomorrow, I finally got my hands on a QM2000. I let you know what I learn.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Snowflake
    If you still have your QM 2000 board, send it to me and I'll see if I can repair it for you.
    Clive.

Forgot to add.
    No charge I have children also who are interested in the industry.

Snowflake
    You obviously have the backing of your Parents, the CCL has to registered via your parent/s or guardian.
    You can trade from the age of 13 years old, which is the same age as attaining work in the UK.
    You have the same legal rights to pursue legal recompense, credit to you for knowing your rights.
    I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, if you want to send me the QM2000 you have and I can't repair it, I'll send you a new Zion system, so you have something to play with.
    I'm sorry you have paid out money, I have a daughter who has also been subjected to being used.
    Clive

I'm sorry you have paid out money, I have a daughter who has also been subjected to being used.
    Clive,
    Careful! Sorry to hear your daughter had a disappointment and it is generous for you to offer to help, but to assume that snowflake has been used may be very unfair. This dispute is complex and it is not clear who is primarily responsible. I was taken aback by snowflake's initial post as it was quite inflammatory, but who knows how justified. Maybe just PM snowflake and figure something out?

I'm not assuming any preconceived conceptions my intentions are sincere.
    As I have always done, I've helped people, even Andy when he worked for Mark from Laser Light International
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Electronics Ltd View Post
    I'm not assuming any preconceived conceptions my intentions are sincere.
    As I have always done, I've helped people, even Andy when he worked for Mark from Laser Light International
    Clive
    EY! I did not work for a guy called Mark or Laser Light International.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    EY! I did not work for a guy called Mark or Laser Light International.
    Sorry for that, I've lost people's that said they hadn't been involved with Mark Barrett or Mark Walker.

As I wrote already:

The QMBoard in question was not new or sold, not guaranteed and not part of our company stock, It was however fully tested by me personally before shipping and when hearing his apparent problems I did try to help him resolve them. He was not interested so not a lot can be done to help somebody who insists not to be helped.

I always try to help anyone if I can but in this case given snowflake had admitted that his LAN socket on his laptop came out in his hand when connecting the QMBoard; openly admitted that he had tried to hack the board to be a pro; admitted trying to remove the identifying product type paint and bent some memory connector legs in the process and written that he was doing this to get Francesco to update the card to Pro: of course I would not replace it, however, I did offer to look at it for him which he declined to accept; instead he said he will send it to Francesco.

On finding out that he has to pay for the damage and finding out that Francesco knows the real version of the card; he came up with demands that I pay for the repair.

Everything has been fully documented going back months. So; he is free to go to any court/lawyer or whatever; sadly in the end it will be his father who will end up supporting the costs.

"I will not discuss this further on PL as there is little need."