Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AndyF97 - Scams 13 year olds on unfair trades - Highly (un)recommended

Thumbs down AndyF97 - Scams 13 year olds on unfair trades - Highly (un)recommended

So...

Andy Faulkner. What a man. Or a scammer.

Here's what happened:

I post a thread wishing to trade a second-hand FB3 in fairly good condition bundled with BEYOND Ultimate for a QM2000 Basic/Pro.

Mr. Faulkner decides to reply to it.

We speak on skype about his hatred for Bill Benner and the trade.

I send my FB3 by UPS.

He sends his QM.

I receive my QM, and it asks me for a license file. Andy, unable to provide, leads me to call Pangolin who say "LD2000 doesn't require a license file..."

After numerous attempts at resolving, I send it to Francesco (for the record Francesco/Collimated is an amazing guy. 100% recommended.) who says the clock chip is fucked and fixes it.

Sends it back to me and cost me 125 euro.

I pass this onto a debt collector who is awaiting Andy's reply.

Didn't work. Well it did but for 3 minutes before it died.

Sent it back to Francesco who delivers the verdict it's at it's end of life and will be $800 for a replacement board. (He will be giving me a refund for this! Don't worry about Francesco.)

So I message him today to inform him of this.

"You really are a funny boy; By the way; as I found you to be a bit strange in the beginning; I recorded everything you wrote; even some video footage. So take it to court ( I wish you the best of luck ), I will be happy to send my lawyer to UK for a holiday which you will end up paying for, it will cost you at least 500 euros per day plus flights and hotel; she is wanting to visiting England for a while."

Some background information on us:

I'm a 13 year old student who works ethically and earns my money by web development. Lasers is a hobby.

Andy is a 40+ year old man who was kicked off as a pangolin dealer, is aware of my age, and probably doesn't have the best track record on here.

Conclusion: I would highly avoid dealing with this member.

~Snowflake

Age has hardly anything to do with a business transaction.
    However, if he knew your age he shouldn't have been doing business with you anyway.
    Anyways..

Let's wait for Andy to chime in here. There are 2 sides to every story and I have a feeling there is probably more information that hasn't been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I pass this onto a debt collector who is awaiting Andy's reply.
    ...debt collector? You have access to a collection agency?

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    Age has hardly anything to do with a business transaction.
    However, if he knew your age he shouldn't have been doing business with you anyway.
    Anyways..

Let's wait for Andy to chime in here. There are 2 sides to every story and I have a feeling there is probably more information that hasn't been posted.

...debt collector? You have access to a collection agency?
    I have a consumer credit license. You kind of need one.

After the way Andy dealt with the 520nm group buy (probably taking a loss for himself), I have a bit of trouble believing he would scam anyone. I have no doubt there is a severe misunderstanding here. Waiting for his response.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Wow, can you actually hold a CCL at age 13?
    I would have thought you need to be considered an adult and legally responsible.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Snowflake,

This is a strange post as I do not think you will resolve this initially simple problem with such an escalation. You may have assured that you will now never resolve this.Your age is irrelevant if you act as an adult. Your post is crude and inflammatory (F**ked... Andy's opinion of B. Benner and the"trade"). After sending the unit for repair by a third party it is now impossible to expect Andy or Pangolin to take responsibility for the unit or even to determine who is responsible for the damage.

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I suspect that if you had sent the FB3 back to Pangolin when it was suspected that there was a problem they would have replaced/repaired it for a minimal cost. B. Benner is a savvy businessman and developing a good relationship with a young and potentially long time future customer is worth more than the wholesale cost of an FB3. Now, your approach with this post (it is clear you are angry) reflects badly on you even if you are completely accurate in your accusations.

I don't mean to tell you what you should do now, only to give you some things to think about. If you pursue lasers into the future you will need a lot more than just one FB3 and you may want to buy some of it from members on this forum. Maintaining a polite and reasonable attitude will get you more "stuff" and more assistance than "winning" this battle.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    After sending the unit for repair by a third party it is now impossible to expect Andy or Pangolin to take responsibility for the unit or even to determine who is responsible for the damage.
    Francesco is not a third party. He is Pangolin repair centre for Europe...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Francesco is not a third party. He is Pangolin repair centre for Europe...
    Francesco's position also means that if he says its at the end of its life, you can pretty much be assured that is the case.

Normally I would suggest that maybe BB could inspect it back in the US for a 2nd opinion if there really was some feeling of doubt, but I doubt Andy would take his word given their history.

However, it would be nice for Andy to perhaps do the decent thing here and refund on the basis of Francesco's report as he's qualified and independant of Pangolin USA.

However, we haven't heard from Andy yet so don't know of his intentions. I doubt going so quickly to debt collection has engendered any feelings of friendship here although I understand your actions as its upsetting as a buyer to receive something that doesn't live up to your expectations.

So lets hope Andy will chip in and this can still be resolved and amicably.

The QMBoard in question was not new or sold, not guaranteed and not part of our company stock, It was however fully tested by me personally before shipping and when hearing his apparent problems I did try to help him resolve them. He was not interested so not a lot can be done to help somebody who insists not to be helped.

I always try to help anyone if I can but in this case given snowflake had admitted that his LAN socket on his laptop came out in his hand when connecting the QMBoard; openly admitted that he had tried to hack the board to be a pro; admitted trying to remove the identifying product type paint and bent some memory connector legs in the process and written that he was doing this to get Francesco to update the card to Pro: of course I would not replace it, however, I did offer to look at it for him which he declined to accept; instead he said he will send it to Francesco.

On finding out that he has to pay for the damage and finding out that Francesco knows the real version of the card; he came up with demands that I pay for the repair.

Everything has been fully documented going back months. So; he is free to go to any court/lawyer or whatever; sadly in the end it will be his father who will end up supporting the costs.

I will not discuss this further on PL as there is little need.