Thread: Looking for green 50mW or so with analog modulation

Default Looking for green 50mW or so with analog modulation

green is still missing in my stepup, hopefully not for too long

This unit will be combined with 60mW Blue and 100mW 650nm.
    So 20 mW should suffice for white balance but a little more can't hurt
    Divergence aroud 1mrad preferred, it will match the blue...

Matthijs

As I said before, I am also looking for a green laser in this power range. I keep reading bad things about every supplier I start to consider. So, who sells a decent green laser that doesn't leak IR and has good customer service?

Yea, I'd like to find one too. Both the 30mW ttl greens I have came without IR filters... After the optics I'm getting about 25+mW, and hoping the optics reflect the IR, one of the greens do balance the 200mW red and the 50mW (actually 75mW) blue to a nice white. I'd be happy with finding an analogue power supply for both my green and blue instead of trying to get a whole new laser.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I might just as well go for a 100mW analog green. The analog modulation should enable setting a correct white balance. Green beam shows are also nice

If you have the capability in your software you can set the analogue colors up and get the best blend yourself I think. I had pretty much a 1:2:4 blend that looked fairly balanced but I have been splitting the beam a few times with microscope slides just before the scanners and I think the white looks better now... I have no idea what the strengths are now but I would assume the ratios are close to the same. Right now I have 4 beams out of about 325mW.

Mamba 2004 lets you set the minimum and maximum values for analog modulation for each of the three colors.
    The way this works is that e.g., for blue the minimum value sets the minimum value of blue that is present in all colors. Even when scanning a red-only frame this allows you to add blue to the red. For blanking the minimum value is ignored. The maximum value limits the amount of blue.
    This should give good control over white balance - I haven't mixed beams yet so haven't actually done that. I just use the control to show full color frames in blue by setting the minimum blue value to max.