Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insane Laser show video with 13 heads... i think

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    It was also you that said that scanning 40 watt lasers into an audience is crazy. I do believe I have seen this done by them, if it wasn't them, they do at least boast that they have these lasers
    Anybody who scans a pulsed laser into a crowd is going to blind someone, simple as that. These 40w YAG's will also run CW at a much lower power. Anybody who is crowd scanning with a Laserscope, or similar, will be running them CW.

Typically a 40w pulsed YAG will run at maybe 10-15w CW.
    Last edited by dave; 02-08-2007 at 17:00.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

here is my picture in question

Here is the thread talking about it
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1514

The only two people looking towards it were me and the photographer.
    Last edited by dream beamz; 02-10-2007 at 12:02.

There are two people on the right that are looking at it too, the fellow with the yellow shirt and his mate. Also it looks like the person on the left with the light beige t-shirt might be facing the other way too.

Jim

Lightbulb

I dunno Jimbo. It looks to me that the two guys on the right are far enough to the side that they're well beyond the scan angle of the projector - by at least a meter or more.

On the left, the only person I can see looking back at the projector is a woman who is even farther removed from the max scan angle of the projector.

Adam

I think you're right about them on the right being way out of the scan.
    The one on the left is the person cut off in the bottom left. I can't see any arms which makes me think he is facing the projector.

But hey, isn't that blue fantastic. I wish mine was like that Dream Beamz.

Jim

If we were to interpolate dream beamz post with jimbo's assessment, then we can say the man in black on the bottom of the picture should be the photographer, and the guy in yellow to the right should be dream beamz .

Regardless of who's who, and who's looking back and who's not, that is a NICE picture. That laser looks tempting. You seem to have used multiple flash exposure, as some people have multiple images, look at the two faced guy in the bottom right
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Buffo: I wouoldn't say I've been prickly. I was just attempting to address Dreambeams concerns that that particular show was unsafe. More to the point, his specific (unfounded?) allegation that the show would HAVE to have been uncomfortable to watch from the dancefloor.

Regardless of all of the other measures we have taken to keep our shows safe, I felt the specific need to mention that for every show we set up, we "sample" the show from all points of audience access. If its uncomfortably bright at the closest points, we take measures to correct the issue.

We understand all of the issues around audience scanning, and are particularly sensitive to the issue as we've been at many an event where we've had to look away from the lasers because of stupidity/carelessness on the part of the particular operator.

I don't want this to turn into anything more of a scrag fight, as it has gone too far already needlessly.

Regarding dreambeams photo, who cares. Only he knows if it was or wasn't taken under safe conditions. Anything he posts on this forum regarding it may or may not be bullshit anyway - but who am I to question that ?

At the end of the day, it is a cool looking photo, but I'd personally be a little careful about displaying it so publically as the relevant authorities may not consider it so "Kosher".... it's down now so it doesn't really matter anyway.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Aijji said ...
    At the end of the day, it is a cool looking photo, but I'd personally be a little careful about displaying it so publically as the relevant authorities may not consider it so "Kosher".... it's down now so it doesn't really matter anyway
    which is so true ..... the authorities wont analize the photo / gig with as much detail as we do ..... they just like to get a result

I personaly can see it is a staged photo .... the only thing that would get 99% of the crowd not to look at the laser ... is that the photographer had a stripper standing in front of him at the time of the photo .... all the shows i have been involved with .... 99% of the crowd faces the Laser

so can we have some photos of the stripper

all the best KARL ...

PS Adrian & Dave ....
    I did mention in another post that Iwas flying into melbourne on the 19th
    of this month .... maybe i can meet up with you guys and get you a beer ?
    Last edited by Banthai; 02-10-2007 at 18:50.

Re: the photos
    The blue beam picture was taken with an open shutter. I tried to get everyone to stand still like they were parting

I am the person in back right in front when the picture was taken. The person in yellow does appear to be looking towards the laser. the person to the left very well could be. The laser was an American laser 68b air cooled laser and at the time was producing 1.5 watt running off of full auto and general scanning galvos. Regaurdless, laser exposure was less than 5 seconds

The "stripper" photo was actually a "candy kid" other wise known as a raver that wears a lot of beaded bracelets and other items. I picked her out of a crowd one day and had her stay after the show so I could get the picture. I only had enough time for one photo as the club staff was ready to go home. The laser in this photo was the big dipper F-2000 unit running off of pangolins qm32 board.

Re: The debate. lets end it, i am tired of arguing it. Other areas have different laws. I was not fighting over laws though, i was debating safety. If i was debating laws then neither picture I took was against american law. Both pictures were taken with a private non-paying audience. I know every single person in that crowd and can name each one of their names.

Now lets just watch the laser show from laser image and like it.

Banthai: Only if it's a girl...

BTW, drop us a PM about your holiday/trip. We'll catch up, talk shit over a beer, and maybe even play with some lasers. DAve isn't allowed to drink though.
    Last edited by aijii; 02-10-2007 at 20:14.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts