Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dichro to combine the new 520nm diodes

Default dichro to combine the new 520nm diodes

Anybody want to go in on a special run of dichro centered on 520nm. There is plenty to blend red and blue but then when you try to add green in last none of the existing dichro seems to work. The reason to deviate from traditional grb combining is that green is the most precious now so you want the least amount of reflections. Plus since green is the easiest to see with you eye, the less reflections the less visible are any diffractions from the bouncing or passing through optics.

A run would be about 2k and yield about 50 pieces which is about 40 per piece. Runs after that would be a lot less. It is the setup fee that gets you. I don't want to do this but would like to see someone else do it. People are going to want these now that diode green is here to stay.

R\B-->\G->W
    B\R-->\G->W

I'm interested. I would need 3 of them. How narrow would the band be? Some might be interested in combining with 445 to make them a little less violet.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I don't know I have to get interest and dollars to approach the suppliers and see. I'm looking at combining 638nm with 450nm and then combining that with 520nm so the missing dichro needs to pass everything outside of 520nm and reflect 520nm. It would ideal if the loss passing 638 nm and 450 nm were real small like under 5% and the reflect on the 520nm be 99% or more. hat's custom dichro for sure.

I would be interested. $40 seems reasonable if the specs are around what you are shooting for.

problem is we won't know until they make them so it is a small gamble. I'm hoping someone who does this Marc ct lasers might want to pick this up.

Not to deviate, but Planters mentioned in one of his videos that he gets best performance & least loss using long pass filters as opposed to band pass filters; have you checked into a dichro that would pass 638 & reflect 520, and another one to pass 520 & 638 & reflect 450? Either way, I would be interested in the special run, I think my first build will be a single mode all diode RGB projector.

Have you tried the dIchros out of our favorite video projector. They work amazing at 532. Just don't wanna tear down my rig to check them on my di. 520
    leading in trailing technology

I might be able to help Ill let you all know soon

Dave
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hey guys - I am told the dichros which I have here for 532 work well with 520.. Does anybody want to give one a shot?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hi Dave, I have a test rig up and running with a 520 in it. If they work I might need some more soon. I would be willing to give it a shot.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.