Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SD Card - How does this work?

obtrusive, aren't they?

I just bought a "Full Color Animation Laser Light" off ebay. (item 221190830666) It only has an SD card slot. The manual tell me it can support .CTN format and it also tells me something about .LST files. How or can I make a show for this format? I have Moncha loaded. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Mike

CTN=ILD type 0
    LST=PRG text file

What programs can save in the CTN or ILD format. I was playing with Moncha but I dont think it can?

Thanks,
    Mike

Mamba,Monkey Tools,bmp2ild,

Are you talk about SD laser ones like this? http://www.lightinggeek.ca/laser-light/carton-SD-laser
    Basically those models comes with customized software which is capable to handle 10kpps - 25kkpps animations. But you can only program for simple logo or cartoon animations. Not as fancy as QS

I had a big dipper (slightly different model than in the link) just for playing around with, my first laser projector if you can call it that, before getting into the diy builds. I'm surprised they're still around, quality was marginal to say the least.

Something to keep in mind, those show cards are usually ttl, so even with an analog laser running off sd may be ttl only, needing to be connected via ilda to get analog output. Depends I guess on what they use to drive the sd. Definitely a good thing to confirm if that's a needed function.

I have not looked at the PJs w/SD mentioned in this thread BUT I will say forever some makers throw 'full color' around as if there is no definition of what that means- More often than not, most(cheaper ones) are TTL and NOT analog and therefore CANNOT be FULL COLOR- Kinda hard to take seriously or feel like dealing with any company that does not know there is a difference.

Last edited by Euler; 11-08-2013 at 06:14.