Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SD Card - How does this work?

Do not understand your question about ILD files?
    I live in Brazil and I speak Portuguese.I am using Google Translate.

Information formats ILD
    http://www.laserist.org/StandardsDoc...finaldraft.pdf
    The most commonly used format is currently ILD 5.
    To convert (ILD 5) in (0 ILD) has not found a good free program.Has ILDSOS, which costs $ 30.

Quote Originally Posted by mjt143 View Post
    I just bought a "Full Color Animation Laser Light" off ebay. (item 221190830666) It only has an SD card slot. The manual tell me it can support .CTN format and it also tells me something about .LST files. How or can I make a show for this format? I have Moncha loaded. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Mike
    This is an old thread, but just in case there is still any interest, I recently bought a similar laser, called the "My Effect II", and went through the same process of trying to figure out what a CTN formatted file is and how to generate a custom animation in that format so that the laser would project it. I couldn't get the included "Laser Show v1.0" to generate anything useful using the JPG capture feature.

So, after finding out about LaserBoy, I asked the creator James Lehman for help, and he patiently explained how to get LaserBoy to create ILD 0 formatted code. Unfortunately, the laser itself does not recognize this format, it only responds to CTN formatted files on the SD card. This is where "Laser Show v1.0" comes back into the picture. It turns out that this program can read the ILD 0 formatted files coming out of LaserBoy, but ONLY if you save them using the "chil" option in LaserBoy. Once you read the resulting ILD 0 file into "Laser Show v1.0", then you can use that program to save the animation in CTN format to the SD card. Using this workaround, I was finally able to achieve custom animations with this very affordable, reasonably bright little laser! It seems to be the least expensive route currently on the market for displaying custom laser animations.

Cheers, Pete

ILDSOS is definitely a must when it comes to these laser projectors. I've got one myself - "Analogue" 500mW RGB 30Kbps, was strongly defined as analog, although from SD card it is not acting so - supports only ILDA 0 (256 colours) format with lst format for the "show list info" as stated above.

Works great as learning tool as I'm progressing through with Inkscape and converting to ILDSOS for sole purposes of logo screen and some silly stuff.
    Tomorrow the UPS van is bringing me Mamba Elements v3 with its DAC, will see how it works, as laser animation is quite fun and if the ILDA interface does not work on the cheap laser, then will upgrade to proper laser =) Damn this laser stuff is expensive!