Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Laserium

You can angle the lumia disk to the line of the beam; that way you don't get direct back reflections.
    More extreme angles can also be useful; the beam goes through more of the glass.

Here is the thread with my resources for lumia:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...umia+resources

HTH…Mike
    Runs with Lasers

This is some of my Lumia, if you need to know how any of it was done, just ask with the time and I'll let you know the effect.

leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Trust me, I shoot my laser through every new type of material I come across. Its not from lack of trying.
    Go online or find a stained glass shop where you live. "Spectrum" brand clear textured glass has two patterns that yield nice results, typical "70's" type lumia effects that will provide a much wider image than what you have been using.

I would agree that most glass provides a similar lumia pattern, or nothing worth using. Spectrum clear "Ice" is a commonly used glass, but "Granite" is a favorite of mine. I don't think you will be disappointed. Shoot me a PM and I can send you some of both if you like.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    This is some of my Lumia, if you need to know how any of it was done, just ask with the time and I'll let you know the effect.
    I have a couple questions for you.

1. How do you get that really great yellow in your lumia? Anything special or just using 638 red with 532 green?

2. How did you video your lumia and get so much detail and so little hot spots?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I have a couple questions for you.

1. How do you get that really great yellow in your lumia? Anything special or just using 638 red with 532 green?

2. How did you video your lumia and get so much detail and so little hot spots?
    The yellow was achieved by altering near field beam mixing. At one time I had the mixing dichros on motorized mounts, but it was just extra once I found the sweet spot.

The video is shot on a iPad using a app called procamera. I am able to lock the iris on a bright spot actually the beam on the rail, lock the iris, then shot the video and get decent detail.

It is the P73 diode and yes it looks that yellow in person, you can get better hues and browns if you turn down the green, but I like it where it is.

Once again great tips men, thank you. For whatever reason there is not much info, at least what I could find, on Lumia effects, just the standard stuff. This has helped me a lot, I really love these effects, I can watch them for hours. Keep in mind these are for personal use. I wont be professionally using, or trading any help given. I'm just a fat man, sitting in my condo watching pretty lights on the wall. I'm passionate about art, and light, always have been.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

TJ, Here is an affordable set of 50 different glass types. At least half of them are worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    TJ, Here is an affordable set of 50 different glass types. At least half of them are worth the money
    Thanks for posting this link Mophead! I have a new lumina pj project in mind that this will be handy for.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Thanks for the link above... ordered some.