Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best and easiest way to creat ilda frames out of logo files (.step..etc) in Beyond

Default Best and easiest way to creat ilda frames out of logo files (.step..etc) in Beyond

Hi,

I would like to do my own logo-shows with Beyond Ultimate.
    What would be the easiest ways to convert and trace a vectorgraphic file like .step or .svg file into a ilda file?
    Does the TraceIt tool still work with Beyond? And where can I download this program?

Thanks for your replies
    Best regards
    Mathias

I believe Beyond have the same quicktrace as Quickshow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rkQQMNnUY

Edit: But you will not get ILDA files this way though.

Espen
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

There's no need to create ILDA's if you're creating content for use in Beyond. Beyond has it's own file format, so why try to create anything else? Also, if you check out the cloud section of Beyond 3, you may find logo content already created that meets your requirements saving you time in tracing.

I already found the tracing tool to generate laser graphics out of jpeg or bitmap, but it does not work that well for most of the logos.
    Some Logos safed as bitmaps have smooth edges and transition and that generates noise when traced.
    I would like to trace my own logos, like the logo of my company and wont find it in the pangolin cloud.
    At the moment I do not see a direct way to import an trace a vector graphic directly, like it could be done with the traceIT tool using LD2000

Can you put a copy of your logo up so we can see what the possible issue is?

Easiest and best way are mutually exclusive

Imho Best way is to learn to use inkscape, trace manually/automatically trace or import your logos there.
    Remove unwanted clutter and fix gradients.
    Export to svg.

To convert svg to ilda use:
    -ILD SOS $29,95
    -OLA included in the zoofpack, free.
    -laserboy, free

import to beyond or QS

Always do a final master in the frame editor with live preview.

If you have beyond then you should not have to use any external software. Import a bmp or jpg as a background in beyond.. make sure you resize the image to a 1:1 aspect ration *pixel width same as height* whilst keeping the images proportion (so DON'T stretch it to that aspect ratio). Make sure anything other then the relevant parts is completely black (and not a white background) so you can see easier what you are doing.

Then trace by hand in BEYOND, Auto trace just aint cutting it. Good luck!

PJ, you obviously do this a lot.
    Whilst the hand tracing over a background is fine, I've never really delved into the next stage of optimizing the frame.
    Are you able to do a short tutorial on the use of the Beyond editor optimization tools? I would think you're not manually adding/moving the points are you?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

+1 like to see a true artist at work.

Then again, you can trace most logos etc. A lot of it comes down to choosing the correct tracing method (out of the 3) and then using the adjustment sliders - the way is to start at the 1st one, and then if unsuccessful try others..

Also, the initial image is important, you need a good contrast, and lines should be thin to avoid double lining when tracing. You can correct some issues with the image in photoshop before tracing if need be or the odd misplaced point in the editor after tracing if needs dictate. That's why asked the OP to throw up his logo, so we could see what he's trying to trace from.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    PJ, you obviously do this a lot.
    Whilst the hand tracing over a background is fine, I've never really delved into the next stage of optimizing the frame.
    Are you able to do a short tutorial on the use of the Beyond editor optimization tools? I would think you're not manually adding/moving the points are you?
    Maybe after I get back from London and Italy from work!
    Which is after the 31st.

No adjustement sliders.. When vector drawing adjust only once and try to not touch again and work with those adjustements.. Use trusted known graphics as a benchmark so you know what you make will work for someone else... Or worst case custom optimization..... however I'd avoid it since you want predictable behaviour when you are drawing.

Double lines is always a loss. not only does it obstruct the clarity of the graphic but it also is just a waste that causes irregular intensity, another reason to avoid auto tracing.

To avoid double line there is centerline tracing in trace it.. but I recall you lose the capability of grabbing the colors.. you could grab background colors using LD2000 from frames but you cannot do this as a batch process.
    Last edited by masterpj; 01-17-2017 at 06:27.