Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Laserium

Lightbulb End of an Era...

Hey Kats -

..So, yeah, I've been quite severely 'awol' from PL for many moons, now, but.. Not been 'intentional'.. Just... been going thru THE toughest spells - yet again - with biz / life, etc.. Yeah, I know, it 'always seems like jon is playing his violin', but.. It's the truth.... seem to be a difficulty / sht magnet, what can I say.. (maybe *I'm* actually 'Murphy'? ..and to 'make my point', see below.. (I started this post on Thursday, and have just not been Able to get to finish it, till now..

..So, back in March, we get notified by the (former) building owners (where Laserium has been HQ'd - Since 1974...) that they'd 'someone an offer' on the building, and it was in process if escrow.. No biggie, I thought, since they (former owners..) bought the complex for $2M in 2010... and were asking $6M (!), now, so... I figured it would go about like the previous 'interests' (..once they saw the price tag, it was sayonara..) we'd seen this 'threat', before..

...Well, unfortunately, it turned out to be These little spoiled brats... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvvEyCsOayQ ..who dropped the 6-Large on it, and, although they had *assured us* (via the Real Estate peeps / new Property Management, etc) that they were (quote) "keeping All the tenants", in mid-April, ol' caterpillar-brows, there, drops the bomb on me that 'we need your space', and - you have 2 months notice to gtfo.. Yeah - like a 42 yr-tenant, packing-out 5,300 sq. ft of warehouse, is going to be able to find a new place / secure it, let alone *Move-all*, in 2 mo's.. So, I told them where to stick that fantasy, and began the arduous quest to find a 'new home' for Laserium..

..Fast forward to this past week - We've Secured a new place, much smaller, but nicer, in many ways (I'll post later about it..) but we Just closed on it week-before-last, they're Still cleaning / painting / turning it for us - don't even Have the keys yet - and this Douchehat orders his 'demo guys' to *break into our space* and start busting sht up... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SD_Las_Dmg_4.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	50753 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SD_Las_Dmg_10.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	526.0 KB 
ID:	50754 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SD_Las_Dmg_7.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	381.3 KB 
ID:	50755 ...and there's more, but that's not what this Post is supposed to be all about, so...

..Point-being, I Wanted to post on this Last Thurs, but.. Been a bit 'sidelined' with all this shyte / all-else going on.. SO.. LAST SHOWS, TONITE.. I know - this should have been posted Last week, but, again, as-per above, just seems like it's non-stop 'life getting in the way of living', these days.. IF any of you SoCal peeps can manage to make it, I promise you will enjoy the effort.. And, this will be THE last op to See the Orig. digs of Laserium, since, we're not just 'moving out' - these DBs are desecrating Laserium's crib, soon as we're out, and *gutting it* to the walls, so.. All the 'funk and soul' of 6911 will be gone, forever.. Suks, but.. there it is..

Hope to (maybe) see some of ya's.. Lemme know, email for Tix / info.. Sorry this is so suckingly-late, but.. My gaunlet is just non-stop.. +_+
    cheers..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hi Jon,
    Good luck with the show and the new venue.

Kit

Hey Jon,

Wish I could be there tonight, but you know - space, time, etc. I think I have a tiny understanding of what you've gone through over the last decade or so. And from where I'm standing today you're some kind of STRONG. I do have some vacation, miles, and hotel nights - so if another old laserist would help out on the move or whatever - I'll be there.

Salute,
    Brian
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Sorry to hear; best of luck with the new situation.

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

If you have any old programs and one of them from this last show left let me know. I'd like to frame it with your last one. Would make a nice pairing. I'm on the other side of the country or I'd have been there many times.

I wish I would have been on to see this. I would have definitely attended.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Thumbs up

@ All, Thanks, Gents..

..I'll post more pix of these guys idea of 'positivity, yo!' later on.. Just so...

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    ...I would have definitely attended.
    You still have 3 hrs! (we're running ONE LAST PF Sho tonite, 8pm, for the Documentary as "The Last DS Sho @ 6911", but No other shows / nor tomorrow, so...) Jump in that car, Mang! Here's some 'motivation'...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LasVNYs_SFX_1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	50794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LasVNYs_SFX_2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	50795 ..U Know U want to suffer the traffic for it.. Plenty of 'swag', set-aside..

hey Chief -

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    ....so if another old laserist would help out on the move... I'll be there.
    Oh, Man - if you could work that out next week, somehow, that would be AMAZING.. It will be *invaluable* to have input on 'what to toss / what's Really in the 'probably should-save' piles, from Production.. That's the worst part, for me, since I still don't know all of what's 'truly garbage' in there, and am terrified I'll toss something we need, somewhere / sometime, down the road.. I mean, I know WWIII's gonna melt everything soon, anyway, but... Meantime, that guidance / help would be... Priceless..

Lemme know, Thx...

..Well, off to the salt mines.. for the Last Time @ 6911... Totally sux, but.. Such are the 'waves of life'.. Honestly, I think I'd have a easier time if it were, indeed, all just 'destroyed in a mega-quake', or insane fire, etc, etc.. THAT I can understand / comprehend / accept.. Seeing Laserium's crib desecrated / gutted for the sake of Stink Dolphin?? Pff.. They don't even actually Help those rare-animals, so... Major to them for all this...

Edit (for those that Need to see this..) THIS is 'why'...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Las_SW_1of6.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	739.5 KB 
ID:	51168 ..This is 'Room 1 of 6', like this, so.. ya.. Fairly *d up, at the moment... :/
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-17-2016 at 02:37.

Lightbulb Laserium at The Regent Theater, DTLA...

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    ...I would have definitely attended.
    ..Well, now you have another chance - http://www.laserium.com/regent/

Yeah, our 'Studio shows' are - still - dragginass.. It's been.. just no-words-difficult these past few months, to just Survive / keep going, let alone Progress (see prev post for the 'Why' / the 'Pic that speaks a thousand hair-pulls'... ..but.. Things are starting to look up, and, as I simply *refuse* to 'just give up', well.. Eventually, that tack seems to get you to shore..

..Anyhoo, we Do get some 'comps', so.. Any SoCal PL'ers wanting to come to this - One Special Nite (for now.. Just shoot me a pm or email jon@laserium and I'll hook ya's up.. Hopefully, this will go well / be a good fit, 'presentation-wise', 'logistics-wise' (parking, transpo, eats in the area, etc) for Patrons, and they'll diggit, etc. and we'll have more Dates, there.. The better they go, the better we'll do, and the sooner I'll be able to get Our Studios back open, and... Host another SoCaLEM!! ...That's the theory, anyway.. We'll see how she schoons..

..Hit me up, I'll hook ya's up..
    Cheers..
    j