Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Laserium

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Great photos! Are some of those oil wheel laser
    If only it were that easy.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    If only it were that easy.
    Hehe, yes, I guess it would only work if the laser went through a thin suspension of partially homogenized oil in water </speculates>.

Wicked effects however they are done!

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    PS - Just got (today..) a request from a film-producer in Au, that want's to (seriously..) look into an 'Aussie Laserium Tour', OMG!! talk about a 'dream come-true'!! That would *so* freaking rock.. Can you imagine 'painting' the entire Opera-shell in Syd, with like, 20W RGB Lumiarigs?? Yeah, I know that's a 'bit of a clip' from Perth, but.. I figure we could werk-in a flight for ya.. Anyhoo, we'll see.. First, I've got to 'tend to my own house', which is *still* horribly-backlogged, but... slowly / surely getting there..

j
    Hey Jon

Any news on the Australian tour, is it likely to happen?

If you need any hands or feet to assist in making it happen I'm sure a few of us in Sydney would be willing to assist

Troy
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Hehe, yes, I guess it would only work if the laser went through a thin suspension of partially homogenized oil in water </speculates>.

Wicked effects however they are done!
    It is a usable effect, just recently looked into it, just a lot more than that. Jon is the stack master on effects.
    leading in trailing technology

Thumbs up

Heya Troy -

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    ...Any news on the Australian tour, is it likely to happen?..
    ..Well, I think it has every-potential, but.. the whole thing is just 'seed' at this point.. A filmmaker, Los Angeles-native / old-skool Laserium-addict, with (purported..) big-$$ connections in Gold Coast, so.. ..could be pretty-mega, if we 'based' there, and then 'toured-out' from there.. It certainly has a lot of 'potential', and.. heck, if 'L@ser$pectacular', here in the US, can have such a long-standing / financially-successful Tour-run, well.. shoot... all due-respect, but... Laseriums' Floyd-shows beat the panties off that Co's show... on our worst-day.. ..And, I'm sure we could 'evolve' it as-need be, to blend-well with the 'Aussie-flav' / vibe..

..We've scaled-up the shows, w/ interactive video, etc, before for large 'Coachella'-audiences, here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coachella_Show_1.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	41511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coachella_Show_2.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	41512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coachella_Show_5.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	41513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coachella_Show_6.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	41514..so..know it 'can be done' / can-work.. 'Open-field Laserium' sort of turned into a 'Laserstock' ...people were dancin' / chillin' / kissin' yada yada.. just havin' a great-old time.. ...And, with Gold Coast weather near-perfect, an 'outdoor-circuit' just might be even more 'doable' - quicker - than trying to lock-into costly / long-booked-up venues.. Then-again, nothing quite 'beats the intimacy' of the dome-experience..

..Point-being.. yeah, it's Got Legs.. But, we'll have to see where it goes.. 1st - and foremost - I've got LOTS of 'homework' / backlog to ketchup on (..though, I am seeing 'light (the good kind at the end of the tunnel', but.. still, severely-behind, atm.. and, of course, I'd absolutely need to do a 'Scout-trip', first..

..2014 could shape up to be a very-interesting / exciting year for Laserium... we're 'tickling the chin' of a 3rd major-market Planetarium / former Laserium-install, here in the states, and, well.. they're not saying 'go away', so.. we'll see.. But I will *deffo* keep you blokes tuned-in.. and, I'm sure we'll need to enlist all the 'brethren' from The West, and South.. wow - what a party we could cook-up, eh?

.will 'KIT'..
    cheers..
    J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Jon

This Website gives a list of all of the planetaria in the UK and this one is pretty local to me

Keith

Lightbulb

..may or may-not be running them, there, this-year (I hope..) but.. Quickie-demo / promo for them to show what we can 'whip-together' for show-promos.. Thawt ya might like..

EDIT: Hmm, embedded-vid throws a strange 'error'.. Oh well, here's the linky: https://vimeo.com/83841322

cheers..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-14-2014 at 18:00. Reason: bug
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Lovely Jon! That lumia goes perfectly with Light My Fire

Lovely Jon! That lumia goes perfectly with Light My Fire
    It doesn't really - it need something to match the tempo - maybe add a coax effect with intermittent facets on the output side to give it some up tempo detail...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Ok, not perfectly but the fire effect is great :P