Thread: Forum contains new threads

Default Forum contains new threads

The icon showing that the forum contains new threads isn't getting updated straight away once you have read the threads.

Jim

That is one of those things that are handled in the delayed counters, its on a "batched/every 15 minute" cycle to lessen the server load.

It's a hair annoying, but I've already noticed the server load going down and page refreshes happening quicker because of the free time the CPU now has to dedicate to other things.

Nailed it. Threads are marked as read right after you view the latest message. Updates to the database are now instantaneous.

There must be a bug in the way it resets now.
    Earlier today it showed that I had read all the threads, now it is showing that I have read todays threads but all threads from the last week or so haven't been read!
    Also I just tried to look at the newest member profile "Vadim" and it comes up that I do not have sufficient priviliges, although I can look at other members profiles.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    There must be a bug in the way it resets now.
    Earlier today it showed that I had read all the threads, now it is showing that I have read todays threads but all threads from the last week or so haven't been read!
    That setting is cookie and database dependent. Try this: log out, clear all your cookies, and log back in. Hopefully that will make the merger happen faster.

Also I just tried to look at the newest member profile "Vadim" and it comes up that I do not have sufficient priviliges, although I can look at other members profiles.
    Gah... I hope this isn't another one of those dreaded user permission merger bugs I've been running into...

Nailed the new user problem. It was in fact a permission issue where the "imported" users and "native new" users had different inherited rights...

No idea if the fix is permanent yet, guess I'll have to wait for another user to show up.