Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Easylase USB DAC

I think I have damned near everything but a qm2000 board which i am still stongly concidering

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    dream beamz: U got LDS?

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    I think I have damned near everything but a qm2000 board which i am still stongly concidering

I called Pangolin today and I should have my board by the end of next week.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Astroguy: You are so lucky!
    Intro, Basic or Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    Astroguy: You are so lucky!
    Intro, Basic or Pro?
    Just the Intro. For now :-)
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Once you get LD2000, you will be kicking yourself that you didn't upgrade sooner
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Maybe, maybe not. The kind of show I do and the setup time I am allowed has a lot to do with why I havent gone to the qm2000 yet. I am going to make a personal trip down to Florida to visit the wonderful folks at pangolin to see if the qm2000 fits my needs

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Once you get LD2000, you will be kicking yourself that you didn't upgrade sooner

from another post, it sounds like LivePRO fits your needs to a tee, George

My Previous comment still stands
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Wink Full Auto vs Live Pro

Live pro fits *some* of his needs. We don't *know* yet if it meets all of them or not. (This is one of the reasons why George was planning to drive all the way from Charlotte to go to FLEM in the first place. He wanted to find out! Unfortunately, his plans changed and he was unable to attend.)

The big feature that Full-Auto has is the instant show setup. Here's how it works: You get your projector in place and then load up a pre-set group of files that you want to use for the evening as your live show. Now you can hand-tweak the position and gain in both x and y for *each* file individually. This doesn't change anything on the master copy of the ilda file on the hard drive - it just saves it in the show configuration for that live performance.

This means you can instantly adjust for wierd angles, narrow projection widths (or heights), and you can also shift the image up, down, left, or right to properly position it to best fit the venue's dimensions. Note that this is not the global setting for the whole show. This is a separate setting that can be adjusted for each file independent of the global settings. (There are global geometric settings as well.)

The whole process takes just a few seconds for each file. Once you've gone through the toolkit of files you plan to use for the evening, you're set for the night. You save the show configuration and you're done.

If you go to a new venue and want to use the same files, you simply adjust the gain and position settings for the new venue and save the show file with a new name for the new venue. When you go back to the old venue, put the projector in the same place and load up the old config file. Flip through the images to make sure everything is still lined up, and you're ready to go in under a minute!

I know that just about all laser show software allows for these settings to be adjusted globally, but the *key* is to be able to adjust them for each individual file. In fact, with Full-Auto they can even be adjusted on-the-fly while the show is playing.

Now, why is this useful? Simple. It offers tremendous flexibility in displaying files (especially abstract and beam show files) that might not otherwise work in some locations where the display area is limited, either by crowd access or overhanging equipment. It makes it easy to set up a full-featured show where you might otherwise have to settle for a mere handful of files that fit the confines of the room.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Bill Benner about this at FLEM, but it was one of the things on my list of questions to him about the Pangolin feature set...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Live pro fits *some* of his needs. We don't *know* yet if it meets all of them or not. (This is one of the reasons why George was planning to drive all the way from Charlotte to go to FLEM in the first place. He wanted to find out! Unfortunately, his plans changed and he was unable to attend.)

The big feature that Full-Auto has is the instant show setup. Here's how it works: You get your projector in place and then load up a pre-set group of files that you want to use for the evening as your live show. Now you can hand-tweak the position and gain in both x and y for *each* file individually. This doesn't change anything on the master copy of the ilda file on the hard drive - it just saves it in the show configuration for that live performance.

This means you can instantly adjust for wierd angles, narrow projection widths (or heights), and you can also shift the image up, down, left, or right to properly position it to best fit the venue's dimensions. Note that this is not the global setting for the whole show. This is a separate setting that can be adjusted for each file independent of the global settings. (There are global geometric settings as well.)

The whole process takes just a few seconds for each file. Once you've gone through the toolkit of files you plan to use for the evening, you're set for the night. You save the show configuration and you're done.

If you go to a new venue and want to use the same files, you simply adjust the gain and position settings for the new venue and save the show file with a new name for the new venue. When you go back to the old venue, put the projector in the same place and load up the old config file. Flip through the images to make sure everything is still lined up, and you're ready to go in under a minute!

I know that just about all laser show software allows for these settings to be adjusted globally, but the *key* is to be able to adjust them for each individual file. In fact, with Full-Auto they can even be adjusted on-the-fly while the show is playing.

Now, why is this useful? Simple. It offers tremendous flexibility in displaying files (especially abstract and beam show files) that might not otherwise work in some locations where the display area is limited, either by crowd access or overhanging equipment. It makes it easy to set up a full-featured show where you might otherwise have to settle for a mere handful of files that fit the confines of the room.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Bill Benner about this at FLEM, but it was one of the things on my list of questions to him about the Pangolin feature set...

Adam
    Buffo... Live Pro can do that
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Regaurdless of whats said, I will own a qm2000 board soon enough. But I dont think it will do the adjustments of 40 scenes in under 10 mins.

On the bragging note, I can safely say I own most of the commercially sold dacs / software

Medialase Laser Painter

Medialase mamba

fullauto / x29 pro

pangolin qm32 pro

LDS

pangolin flash back II

and some others I dont feel like going to find out what they are. But I have DACs dating back to the commadore 64

Between all these, so far full-auto serves my club laser show needs. When it comes to my corperate laser shows. Pangolin qm32 hands down. So this is why, no matter what, i will still get a qm2000 board