Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Get together in January for Florida laser hobbyists.?.

Default Get together in January for Florida laser hobbyists.?.

Hey everyone...

There's been some talk about getting together for a "pre-S.E.L.E.M." gathering in Florida sometime early next year. Well, I'm probably going to be in Florida for a long weekend sometime around mid-January. So, what say we try and set something up?

I'm not taking about anything really big - just a one-day get-together where we can set up our lasers and "geek out" for an afternoon.

It doesn't have to be a fancy place; just one that has power available and won't mind if we have fog machines running. (Would prefer a place with no windows though.) Jacksonville would work, as would Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, or anywhere inbetween. (I'd rather not go too far south - Miami traffic is a bitch!)

So, what do you say guys? Anyone up for this? And if so, WHERE are we going to do it?

Adam

Hey everyone...

There's been some talk about getting together for a "pre-S.E.L.E.M." gathering in Florida sometime early next year. Well, I'm probably going to be in Florida for a long weekend sometime around mid-January. So, what say we try and set something up?

I'm not taking about anything really big - just a one-day get-together where we can set up our lasers and "geek out" for an afternoon.

It doesn't have to be a fancy place; just one that has power available and won't mind if we have fog machines running. (Would prefer a place with no windows though.) Jacksonville would work, as would Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, or anywhere inbetween. (I'd rather not go too far south - Miami traffic is a bitch!)

So, what do you say guys? Anyone up for this? And if so, WHERE are we going to do it?

Adam
    Hey Adam, I *should* be able to attend such an event. I just got word today that I may be taking on a new assignment at work. I've been waiting for this for about a year now and it looks like it may finally happen. I would start mid-january so I'm not sure if it would conflict, even if on a weekend. At any rate, as far as a location, if its just for a few Florida folks, I could offer my two car garage to host the event, hey its better than a storage unit (maybe)! There's only one window in my garage which would be easy to mask out and the garage door itself has no windows. Anyone else in Florida interested?

David

You know I'm down. I'll give em the big finger at work... I think the closer to Orlando we go the more southern florida members we'll get to migrate north...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

That's it? Just two hobbyists from Florida?

Well, I know Fred is out of town at the moment, so that would be 3, but still...

Where is everyone? The last time we talked about this we had like 6 or 7 people interested.

Well, if it's just the three of us (or four, including Fred) then I think DZurcher's garage ought to be big enough. Comments?

Adam

Huh... I thought there was more also... marconi... Bill...? My cousin'll rid e with me. He's startin to get the bug... :lol: :twisted: I'm not sure if my projector'll be mobile by the first of the year though... Need a box and a breadbord. I'm definatly down though.

I would only be able to make it to a Summer meet, obviously coming from this side of the pond is a bigger commitment and I will have to make it part of a family holiday.

Jim

Hi all,

Depending on how many people there are, we might be able to do it in the Pangolin office. We have a pretty decent size "demo" room. If we have more than around 8 people, we might be able to twist Greg's arm and do it at the studios of LSDI...

Both of these places are in Orlando.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin
    Hi all,

Depending on how many people there are, we might be able to do it in the Pangolin office. We have a pretty decent size "demo" room. If we have more than around 8 people, we might be able to twist Greg's arm and do it at the studios of LSDI...

Both of these places are in Orlando.

Best regards,

William Benner
    :twisted: :twisted: Yea :!: I may have a friend with a hotel contact on Orlando I MAY be able to utilize, if not there's still hundreds of hotels in and around here. Anyone get any corporate perks for hotles? I might also. We could all bring sleeping bags... Orlando has a fairly large transient population to keep us company. :twisted: :roll:

I hope there can be a Meet in July 10-30th !!
    Then I`m in Boston\Las-vegas\Los-Angeles

Liteglow;

This summer we'd like to do the full-blown SELEM. Jimbo has also expressed an interest in coming. But I was hoping to throw together something small in January to sort of see how it goes - sort of a "dry run". It might help us in the planning of the main event. (It would also be good to network with people early on and see who can help out this summer.)

I'd like to have the details for SELEM nailed down by April of this year. That will give people several months to plan their vacations around the date(s). But in the mean time I'd still like to get together with some of the folks here; just to geek out and drool over eachother's projectors!

Fred will be back in a week or so, and I'm sure he'll chime in here... But I thought there were a few others that were also interested. Eh - either way it should work out. Even if there are only a few of us, it will be great to just get folks together.

Adam