Thread: Alphalite question...

Question Alphalite question...

I think spec said it but I'm not sure... and the USB DAC I was supposed to get from Chicago, well it's envelope arrived with nothing in it and it wasn't insured. It's MIA and I'm SOL... So I'm hurtin and going to try to get the alphalite goin. Does it need 12volt AC or DC? I have a DC all wart but then someone, I think spec said it was AC and now I'm scared. I've broke enough stuff and don't want to smoke anything else, and I'm done with poplescan...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

The Alphalite DAC needs 12 volts AC at 500 ma.

Sorry to hear that your USB DAC deal fell through. That sucks!

Adam

What is MIA and SOL?

Jim

MIA = Missing In Action. As in, the envelope arrived but the DAC did not.

SOL = Shit Outa Luck. As in, he's screwed.

Adam

Thumbs up

Thanks buffo... Come on Jimbo, it IS the same language... Off to RadioShack...

Hey... I'm British......... stiff upper lip etc..

Jim

tell us the whole story. what was the deal, how did you pay etc etc. if the seller, even if it was a private non-auction deal, should be responciple.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I think spec said it but I'm not sure... and the USB DAC I was supposed to get from Chicago, well it's envelope arrived with nothing in it and it wasn't insured. It's MIA and I'm SOL... So I'm hurtin and going to try to get the alphalite goin. Does it need 12volt AC or DC? I have a DC all wart but then someone, I think spec said it was AC and now I'm scared. I've broke enough stuff and don't want to smoke anything else, and I'm done with poplescan...

Talking

My bad... I have a co-worker who used to set up the shows for the Bulls in Chicago. He went there for Christmas and I told him to "pick me something up". They gave him a usb DAC they had layin around and he forgot it at his Mom's when he came back. She mailed it... and we think it got lifted at the PO. She sent a medal he got for runnin a marathon and some pictures on CD with the DAC. They were all gone; the only thing that made it was the envelope. I didn't lose anything. I've just been dreamin for over a month and grabbed LDS off eBay a few weeks ago for a good price. With Pangolin coming out with a hobby set soon I don't really want to buy a DAC. I had hoped to play wiht LDS since I got such a good deal on it but I can't get it to work on the popelscan DAC I have. I've had this alphalite sittin on the shelf for a few months so I was going to try it out, but I was SO close with the usb DAC... I'm sorry I explained that poorly. I had mentioned it in another thread and assumed... Thanks though. If I had been ripped off or something I would have used much "colorfuller" language. Sounds like a Bushism huh?

Just to let you know, Aaron... I haven't been able to get the Alphalite DAC to work with Mamba Black, so it's unlikely that it will work with LDS either. Of course, you can always download the Alphalite software from the LaserIllusions website and run it that way, but you mentioned that you were looking forward to playing with LDS... I'm afraid you won't be able to display anything in LDS using the Alphalite as a DAC.

Adam

Wink

I know, I have the alphalite software. I would LOVE to play with LDS, but will be happy moving away from popelscan...