Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jenoptik JenLas D2 3W Laser Heads

Too difficult to resist bidding on it

The size of 200 x 70 x 40mm is the size of the head only, not the baseplate, right? How big is that baseplate?

Bob Taylor at Esoteric Specialties had some of these and they worked well. Note the beam specs though and also take real care driving these as they are easy to blow and Kevin will not be happy if he tests good and yiou accidentially blow the diode or burn out a TEC. They are high quality lasers; I wonder where the drivers are? Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

These are good for laser shows. They have a decent beam (<2mm diameter, <2mrad). Like the similar Taipan lasers, most people will add a small telescope to expand and collimate the beam. I got several of these that aren't working so I'll eventually post pictures of the insides. Thin-disc refers to the <1mm thick YAG crystal used in these. It has several advantages, the most significant being eliminating thermal lensing so that the beam quality is excellent over the full range of power. I.e. they modulate really well.

Sounds like they could be used for pumping also if the beam is that good; add a collimating lens! Phil

They're multi-mode so probably no good for pumping Ti:Sapph. The spec says M2<5.0 and that they can be efficiently launched into a 50um fiber. Not Millennia / Verdi replacements, but still pretty nice.

$100 would be a pretty good deal (and considerably less than I paid For reference, the units Bob listed last year were untested, as-is and sold for between $1600 and $3800. I'm not sure if mine are from the same source, but they are definitely removed from the same type of equipment and about 25% of the units I got are low power or dead. As always, I'll only be selling tested, guaranteed working units.

Ah I see, not TEM 00...darn. OK then great for light shows... Phil

These heads are pure green sex;

I have 7 Jenoptic units and they lasted as many years. A bit larger than OPS but well matched if not better. Certainly are easier to install without the isolation issue that comes with OPS heads.

I sure would like one of these. Are you selling them here for $100 + shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernut View Post
    I sure would like one of these. Are you selling them here for $100 + shipping?
    You seem to new to be joking, but and item that sells at $2500 on ebay he is gonna sell here for $100. You come off as a troll being your first post.
    leading in trailing technology

"Bidding has ended on this item. Winning bid $2650.00" (about what I figured ) .. No free lunch ..