Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTL to Analog

Default TTL to Analog

OK so now I am trying to get my head around the modifications I will do the the REKE. Not too far in the future, I would like to move from the TTL modulation on the REKE to Analog.
    So my quick question is....
    Do I just need to replace the drivers with Dr. Lava's FlexMods and change the wiring to go analog or is there anything else needed?

I really appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Cameron

It would depend on the laser type the green dpss will be the trickery one. Might need a low side driver and will want to keep all the factory tec settings drivers. You will need to find a pinout for the head and I know it has been supplied with different heads.
    leading in trailing technology

Thanks for the reply! OK sounds like my next step is to crack this puppy open and start trying to identify what I really have in there. Looks like I will be coming back with lots of questions.

Thanks!

For the green, just leave the TEC side with the original driver and drive the Pump Diode directly with P3 (If your green is TEC cooled) , do be careful what current settings you have for the IR Pump Diode.
    Philipp Wetter

There is also a Quad driver available out there, example Dave at lasershowparts has got them I think for the Quad, instead of 3 individual P3 driver
    Its your choice
    Philipp Wetter

Yeah a quad driver would be an option... BTW, What do people usually drive with the 4th driver on the quad?

try the diode green

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    For the green, just leave the TEC side with the original driver and drive the Pump Diode directly with P3 (If your green is TEC cooled) , do be careful what current settings you have for the IR Pump Diode.
    Just be sure it is a highside driver. For one of my green TTL conversions I had to use lowside and I currently know of no others but the die4drive
    leading in trailing technology

OK I have no idea about the difference between a highside and lowside, but once I figure out what kind of green I have, I'm sure it will be made apparent.
    Thanks for all of the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Yeah a quad driver would be an option... BTW, What do people usually drive with the 4th driver on the quad?
    Well in your case it will not be used, it could be used to drive a tec if you want but thats just another game in designing a closed loop TEC cooling etc...

People usually use Quad Driver in their Quad red/blue builds, etc...
    Philipp Wetter