Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Z-5 Analog Abstract Generator

I think we've all done something like that, then felt both stupid and lucky, afterwards. A two-litre Coke bottle filled with dry ice and hot water, then capped, nearly removed a friend of mine's dangly bits when it failed to detonate as planned. He was holding it between his legs for leverage to unscrew the cap when it went off. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in such pain.

Only problem with using standard engines (as opposed to boosters) in a rocket with an explosive payload is that the ejection charge is not specifically designed to set anything on fire. Sure, it is hot, because it's a pyrotechnic charge, after all, but the clay packing on the top tends to buffer it. You still need to use flame-retardant wadding to protect your parachute, but the gasses from the ejection charge may not be hot enough to ignite your explosive charge in the nose cone.

A booster engine, on the other hand, is specifically designed to shoot flame (and sparks, and embers) when it fires. After all, they're relying on that charge to air-start the next engine in the stack, so it's got to be hot and have enough burn-time to ignite the propellant in the next engine. Thus you can be assured that a booster charge will always ignite your explosive charge in the nose cone.

I agree that having a delay would be best, since your rocket would be higher before the explosive charge was set off, but I don't think it's worth the risk that it might not go off at all...

Adam

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a short wig styles and it is perfect.
    Last edited by lindachulla; 03-05-2014 at 01:21.

i trust jammerall, i bought the GPS jammer knock off that llike $230 bucks i got it a week after i paid for it. the phones great, no cheap feeling, packaging was good when it arrived, and the quality is next to perfect. id say buy the jammer. and shipping is free
    Last edited by Penny89Beguhl; 03-06-2014 at 00:40.

Adam,

Guess I forgot to mention that I always scraped the clay off the ejection charge until I mined my way down to pure BP. With something that has as much thrust as a D motor, that delay charge can make a difference of at least 500 feet and if you're after spreading the noise around, higher is always better.

Now that's something I never considered doing! Genius!

I agree that letting the rocket coast for a few seconds can seriously increase the final altitude.

Adam

PS: Was great fun chatting with you at FLEM about planes, lasers, helo's, and everything else. You absolutely *must* come to SELEM this August dude!

Default The Z-5 is awesome!!!

Pics posted in the FLEM2014 thread also... Love this Synth!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmAbst.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	42486

Name:	Smspiral.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	42487

Name:	Sm Console.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	42488

Quote Originally Posted by AshMcFadden View Post
    OK, my all-time best "getting blown up" story, then back to lasers.
    -clipped-......
    Does this story have anything to do with the nickname you have chosen to use here?
    Cool story BTW, glad you made it out majorly unharmed... It's kind of funny the spammers have found this thread and are offering hairpieces for sale!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's awesome... but where's the video?

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Pics posted in the FLEM2014 thread also... Love this Synth!!!!!

Name:	SmAbst.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	42486

Name:	Smspiral.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	42487

Name:	Sm Console.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	42488
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Actually, the name's been around for a while. It says "Ashleigh" on my Irish passport, but everyone has called me Ash for so long that it's stuck and, yes, there are too many versions of the wordplay to list here, but Ashes to Ashes, trAshleigh, smAshleigh and brAshleigh have all lit up someone's screen at one time or another.