Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winni @ goldenstarlaser.com

Laser Warning Winni @ goldenstarlaser.com CAUTION - CHECK OP!

UPDATE: WARNING! Another member (ARG) is seeing a problem with his projector from goldenstarlaser.com.

ARG problems with Goldenstarlaser.com green module in projector

I thought that mine might be exhibiting similar behavior, but as soon as I gathered up my video gear to record it, I stopped getting the issue. It MAY be that I was seeing it with a quick trace frame that may have had some blanking issues on the trace rather than the laser. I'm not real sure - but I haven't seen any definite signs of my projector doing it right now, so I am going to withhold judgement for now on mine.

I will keep the OP and the followup threads updated! Hoping that this will be resolved favorably for ARG. I believe at this point he has been in contact with Winni about the problem but I will let his thread cover his issues and I will stick to reporting my issues.

-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–-–—–
    Hi all, I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread here, or just tack on to the "Winni @ goldenstarlighting.com" thread. I decided to start a new thread for two reasons. First, I figured that having goldenstarlaser.com in the title might help anyone searching later who might miss the goldenstarlighting.com thread. Second, I felt starting a new thread for this particular transaction would keep the clutter and confusion to a minimum.

My story is not complete, but I want to keep a diary of the progress.

8/2/2012 Thursday, I came to PL and posted a message asking for advice on a laser show. I had been looking at the REKE500 as an inexpensive starting point, but wanted to see if there was an affordable step up from the REKE500. I was very quickly contacted by Winni via PM And she was very helpful.

We exchanged emails over the next couple of days, and when I did have trouble understanding something I was able to post here and get explanations quickly.

8/6/2012 Monday, I paid via PayPal to Winni's hotmail account - approximately $1,200 USD for an H-RGB1200 with DT30 scanners, shipped via DHL in the flight case. Shipping is nearly $200 no matter which option you choose, just as an FYI and if you are paying by PayPal, expect a 4% add-on fee that you may not have known about ahead of time. I knew both of those things before I paid, although the PayPal fee was a surprise add-on (to me anyway) just before purchasing but at $47 I just added it to the bill and paid. If you are ordering from Goldenstar, I would assume that you should expect a 4% fee if you are paying by PayPal.

8/8/2012 Wednesday, I emailed Winni to get a tracking number. I had received a confirmation of the order via e-mail from Winni, but no further correspondence. Winni promptly wrote back with news that the diodes had all arrived, but that someone had ordered all of the DT30 scanners from the DT company and they needed to produce them again. She said that the DT company told Goldenstar that they will have stock next Monday (8/13/2012) and as soon as they get the scanners they will prepare my laser show.

That is my progress so far... I am a little disappointed as I was hoping to have the laser show by the end of this week with DHL shipping. I have a party coming up on August 25th and I hoped to have this laser system in time to use it at, and I need some time to experiment with it and learn how to use QS with it, so this makes that unlikely or very tight.

I had assumed that Goldenstar was a company that had lots of laser systems sitting on shelves ready to ship out, I did not realize this would be built to order.

I am not upset and I am not writing this to criticize Goldenstar in any way, I just wanted to chronicle my experience each step of the way. I very much appreciate that I am able to email Winni and get a response very quickly any time I write to ask about how things are going.

Ultimately, what really matters the most to me is the quality and accuracy of the system that I get as I expect to own it for some time and I will be more concerned with the quality than anything else as long as things don't get too crazy with build time and shipping.

8/13/2012 Monday I got an e-mail from Winni saying that the DT30 scanners had arrived and that my laser was being built.

8/15/2012 Wednesday I got an e-mail from Winni showing me pictures of the laser being built!

8/17/2012 Friday I received an e-mail from Winni with a DHL tracking number and my laser should be leaving Hong Kong soon. I will update again when it arrives! Super excited!

8/18/2012 Saturday at 14:16 DHL reports: Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG

I have two LPM's and I will report back on the power output of the lasers when the system arrives. I don't know how to test the scanners or TTL speeds but if there is a way to do that, then I will post that as well. My goal is to get a nice laser show AND to do a good job reviewing it for the community here as well. You have been a big help to me and I would like to return the favor.
    Last edited by tsteele93; 08-26-2012 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteele93 View Post
    Hi all, I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread here, or just tack on to the "Winni @ goldenstarlighting.com" thread. I decided to start a new thread for two reasons. First, I figured that having goldenstarlaser.com in the title might help anyone searching later who might miss the goldenstarlighting.com thread. Second, I felt starting a new thread for this particular transaction would keep the clutter and confusion to a minimum.

My story is not complete, but I want to keep a diary of the progress.

8/2/2012 Thursday, I came to PL and posted a message asking for advice on a laser show. I had been looking at the REKE500 as an inexpensive starting point, but wanted to see if there was an affordable step up from the REKE500. I was very quickly contacted by Winni via PM And she was very helpful.

We exchanged emails over the next couple of days, and when I did have trouble understanding something I was able to post here and get explanations quickly.

8/6/2012 Monday, I paid via PayPal to Winni's hotmail account - approximately $1,200 USD for an H-RGB1200 with DT30 scanners, shipped via DHL in the flight case. Shipping is nearly $200 no matter which option you choose, just as an FYI and if you are paying by PayPal, expect a 4% add-on fee that you may not have known about ahead of time. I knew both of those things before I paid, although the PayPal fee was a surprise add-on (to me anyway) just before purchasing but at $47 I just added it to the bill and paid. If you are ordering from Goldenstar, I would assume that you should expect a 4% fee if you are paying by PayPal.

8/8/2012 Wednesday, I emailed Winni to get a tracking number. I had received a confirmation of the order via e-mail from Winni, but no further correspondence. Winni promptly wrote back with news that the diodes had all arrived, but that someone had ordered all of the DT30 scanners from the DT company and they needed to produce them again. She said that the DT company told Goldenstar that they will have stock next Monday (8/13/2012) and as soon as they get the scanners they will prepare my laser show.

That is my progress so far... I am a little disappointed as I was hoping to have the laser show by the end of this week with DHL shipping. I have a party coming up on August 25th and I hoped to have this laser system in time to use it at, and I need some time to experiment with it and learn how to use QS with it, so this makes that unlikely or very tight.

I had assumed that Goldenstar was a company that had lots of laser systems sitting on shelves ready to ship out, I did not realize this would be built to order.

I am not upset and I am not writing this to criticize Goldenstar in any way, I just wanted to chronicle my experience each step of the way. I very much appreciate that I am able to email Winni and get a response very quickly any time I write to ask about how things are going.

Ultimately, what really matters the most to me is the quality and accuracy of the system that I get as I expect to own it for some time and I will be more concerned with the quality than anything else as long as things don't get too crazy with build time and shipping.

I have two LPM's and I will report back on the power output of the lasers when the system arrives. I don't know how to test the scanners or TTL speeds but if there is a way to do that, then I will post that as well. My goal is to get a nice laser show AND to do a good job reviewing it for the community here as well. You have been a big help to me and I would like to return the favor.
    Whatever it is ,thanks for your support once more .

Winni is absolutely amazing... I have spoken to her many times and will be purchasing my first RGB from her...

Thanks Winni

Default Pictures of my laser being built...

Update:

On Monday 8/13/2012 I got an e-mail from Winni saying that the DT30 scanners had arrived and that my laser was being built.

On Wednesday, 8/15/2012 I got an e-mail from Winni showing me pictures of the laser being built!

3 by tsteele93, on Flickr

4 by tsteele93, on Flickr

7 by tsteele93, on Flickr

15 by tsteele93, on Flickr

17 by tsteele93, on Flickr

18 by tsteele93, on Flickr

11 by tsteele93, on Flickr

This looks like dual blue(447nM, 405nM) and a green (532nM), am I missing something, where is the red?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7789053476_2ff3144471_k.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	34260

Yes, I just noticed that too... I need to e-mail and make sure everything is going as planned... Hmm.

You know, looking closer that label seems to say 405-1064nm which means anything could be in the box. So maybe it is the red 637. Not sure why it would be in such a generic box though.

This appears to be the 447nm laser...

800mW CNI 447 Blue Laser

The red laser appears to be LWRL637xxxxx which I would guess is Laser Wave Red Laser 637? Something like this - which is linked as a 637 although the label on the laser is LWRL640

170mW Laser Wave Red Laser 637

Maybe this is the green laser?

Green 532nm 200mW High Power Laser module G200
    Last edited by tsteele93; 08-15-2012 at 09:57.

The wavelength is 405nm-1064nm, wouldn't the laserwave module be the red then?

10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

UPDATE: Friday August 17th I received an e-mail from Winni with a DHL tracking number and my laser should be leaving Hong Kong tonight. I will update again when it arrives! Super excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboy3625 View Post
    This looks like dual blue(447nM, 405nM) and a green (532nM), am I missing something, where is the red?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7789053476_2ff3144471_k.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	34260
    The laserwave one is red laser diode