Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Laserwave 1 watt OEM V-S

Not all at once!
    This is just so I always have another one, at any time in the months ahead.

Besides, I agree with you, if all I want to do is remove heat, I do that. No point adding to it first. If I use these it will be specifically to get low stable temperatures, well below freezing. Given what they cost me, it's nice to have them for whatever occurs to me to try them on. Makes a change from the days when one like this cost 50 quid!

I've used OC-intended water cooling parts for test rigs before. So good, so cheap, compared to the prices firms dedicated to scientific hardware were asking. (My first one was before there were any easily available OC parts supplies.)
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 11-22-2013 at 08:10.

Say, I am yet to see anyone here use a computer water cooling system in a projector, why not?
    I have, several times. And each time it works very well...then staring at it I realized, seemingly for the first time, each time that the components are unnecessarily quirky for the simple act of water holding, pumping and thermal contact. I would then extract the main components and fit them to the projector at hand. In the process I would sadly loose the flashing blue LEDs and the tyrannosaurus claw feet. Oh well.

I like TECs, but I have come to the general conclusion that they work well for cooling as opposed to stabilization only if they are water cooled.

A couple of years ago my sons and I went all out on a supercooled comp (the whole MB as well as the CPU) and we staged 4 x 500W TECs to a gutted 10,000BTU window air conditioner (how to on the cannabis hydroponic forums) and ran the thing within a deep chest style freezer. We only gained 12C at the CPU from 2KW of TEC over the phase change alone! These TEC's are VERY inefficient.

I reckon the ideal projector cooler would be a beer chiller. Phase change, R34 refrigerant, but the liquid circuit to the projector would be deionised water with antifreeze. Finding really cheap beer chillers is possible, but it seems to me a 'who you know', rather than a 'what you know' problem.

One reason the cheap TEC's I got are overkill is that low drive is the best shot at any kind of efficiency. I expect it to be lousy. If the results of strong drop in temperature aren't convincing I will use them for something else some time. So far the results of cooling do not look very convincing. I'll post about that on the DTR LFL lens test thread later today.

It was only a matter of time before this thread turned to the subject of beer.....

Ok, back on topic (what ever that originally was), how about a laser projector cooled by liquid nitrogen?
    This space for rent.

Don't drop it! Seriously, don't..

Ok, back on topic (what ever that originally was), how about a laser projector cooled by liquid nitrogen?
    Been there, done that...

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=orange

Btu seriously back on topic, what kind of beer improves the most when served from a tap as opposed to bottled?

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    what kind of beer improves the most when served from a tap as opposed to bottled?
    None, hopefully, and we should put that about a bit as our best insurance of getting a s***load of cheap chillers.

The real secret to using TECs lies within the connection method.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circuit_diagram.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	40975

Magic happens when you discover how to connect pin 5 of the LM666 Satin timer.
    This space for rent.

Our OEM-V-S power is upgrade to 2W, but we sell as 1.5W series.
    stability and divergence is the same as our OEM-V-S-1W series.
    Any interesting, please contact with us, especially for who thought 1W power is small, 2W prices is high.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2-2.jpg  

35m beam test.JPG  

1-1.jpg  

IMG_7659.JPG  

Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge