Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Laserwave 1 watt OEM V-S

I have found in the lab that at typical 20C temps the laser can sit idle for an hour and immediately reach max power with a 5V modulation signal.
    Thanks! That's what I was getting at. If at room temperature with the single tec design that the pump diode will provide enough heat at idle to get the crystal assembly close to it's operating range. Of course at such a good price I don't expect perfection, I'd be happy with anywhere in the 2/3rds max power area when the lasers first hit. That's enough to keep the colour balance from swinging too wildly and also enough overall brightness to provide the impact. That first burst of lasers in an important part of the show.

Do you think the oem-v series would be a better choice than the standard fan cooled series for this aspect ? It sounds to me like the single tec design of the oem-v series would be an advantage for this particular aspect.

The majority of my shows are indoor, a mix of night clubs, theatres and hockey arenas. The hockey arena's use an insulated floor to cover the ice, and are typically heated at least somewhat. Though the floors do get rather cold, up where the lasers are is usually a bit warmer. So there's a bit of range of temperatures there, but not to the extreme. During transport is when they'd get overly cold, but do tend to sit powered on at idle for a few hours leading up to the laser portion of the show.

I will look at heating the baseplate for the other advantages you mentioned. Portability of course is a major concern in my builds, so I always need to weigh the advantages vs the extra size and weight and power consumption, though I think at the very least running the coolings fans on a thermostat would help a lot and can be done with minimal added complexity. Luckily I haven't run into many weather related problems so far despite in some cases being stuck in the rain at near freezing temperatures. The times I did have problems with the greens never getting to operating temperature, blocking off the main cooling fans took care of it, so I think having the fans on a thermostat would almost be enough.

What I find strange is some of the green's I've owned seem to be less susceptible to it, and to my knowledge none have been heat/cool capable. So there are other factors in the design can help. My dhom's for example seem to be rather resistant to cold weather. I believe I read somewhere they were a single tec design as well, but can't find reference to it anymore. If that is one of the factors that can help, then the oem-v should be superior for that aspect than the standard fan cooled dual tec laserwaves. I am leaning towards the oem-v for that reason, it sounds like it should suit my needs well. Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by m0f; 11-14-2013 at 19:48.

What I find strange is some of the green's I've owned seem to be less susceptible to it, and to my knowledge none have been heat/cool capable.
    After building a DPSS I learned an important fact that might explain this model to model variation. The KTP requires temperature stabilization and needs to be physically aligned for what ever temperature is selected. There is no magic temperature, however and so if the particular model sets this arbitrary temperature higher in order to minimize the need to cool then it will be more vulnerable to low temps because the internal heat from diode operation may not be enough to reach this optimum temp.

One advantage of the oem-V i(and the DHOM for that matter) is the conduction cooling of the head will allow base plate heating to stabilize the temperature and there will be less chance that variations in ambient air temperature (which can vary more rapidly) will affect head temperature.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

My employer heats the baseplates of our lasers at all times, even when "off" and runs the crystals in heaters at ~50' C, Type II SHG.
    Does not matter if its a small laser, or fills a 4x8 optical table, its heated. Of course the drivers and fiber coupled diodes are in racks, so they are cooled, but the principle still applies.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve,

I like your employer. That's good engineering and these lasers are already in a relatively benign lab environment.

Thanks for all
    For Laserwave OEM-V-S or OEM-V user
    If you'd like share you feeling about our OEM-V-S or OEM-V, that will be great welcome.
    If you had some special requirement, we also welcome you communication with us, we will see what we can do to help, you requirement maybe help you do a special projector, the same time help us do better and supply you better green lasers with very attractive prices.
    You can choose anyway contact with us, PM, email (bridge@laser-wave.com), SKype (bridgetan1980) or just reply this threads.
    Thanks for all of your kindly reply, your words meaning much for us.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Bridge, thanks for shipping my custom module yesterday. I have provided some feedback to Eric re the manual, I found some errors like photo with + and - reversed, also DC supply is +5V and OV, not +5V and -5V.

I am currently unemployed engineer and happy to offer my services to review and improve all documentation if your interested.

Wayne.
    This space for rent.

Hi Wayne,
    Thanks very much for your kindly help.
    Yes, I had seen your email and Eric also know that, we had correct it, our sales also say"+" and "-", so they thought it should be +5V and -5V, factually is 5V and 0V(GND), thanks for you make us know.
    Great thanks if you can see our document and give us your correct and advise, I will asking Eric email you, .
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Bridge, thanks for shipping my custom module yesterday. I have provided some feedback to Eric re the manual, I found some errors like photo with + and - reversed, also DC supply is +5V and OV, not +5V and -5V.

I am currently unemployed engineer and happy to offer my services to review and improve all documentation if your interested.

Wayne.
    Laser-wave can supply:
    blue 462nm, 2W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm

Hi bridge

I like the 1 watt green, the size of the beam and brightness. One runs perfectly but the other after 1.5 hours running hours becomes weaker and not as bright as the other green diode and only has about 60%. The blue and red module case becomes extremely hot. I have already put heat sink and fan under the green diode but it still becomes very hot.

you using our OEM or OEM-V-S 1W?
    if every time is running 1.5 hours then begin very hot, you should check your heatsink, add fan cool it and see what happen.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by manlie View Post
    Hi bridge

I like the 1 watt green, the size of the beam and brightness. One runs perfectly but the other after 1.5 hours running hours becomes weaker and not as bright as the other green diode and only has about 60%. The blue and red module case becomes extremely hot. I have already put heat sink and fan under the green diode but it still becomes very hot.
    Laser-wave can supply:
    blue 462nm, 2W

it is 1w 532nm OEM-V-S, already have 8cm heatsink with fan under

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    you using our OEM or OEM-V-S 1W?
    if every time is running 1.5 hours then begin very hot, you should check your heatsink, add fan cool it and see what happen.
    Best regards!
    Bridge