Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOBO Awards 2013 - Major ***FAIL***

Damn straight.. But beyond the motivational thing, it may be best not to get stressed over it. Basically, it's down to laserists managing this sort of problem with peer pressure, or the govt stepping in. Which WOULD be a thing to stress over. That would kill a lot of people's fun, careers, hopes... Our current government likes to rip things up in the name of 'reform', basically to tell us the 'Big Society' must do everything we once elected governments to do! Conditions may not be so different elsewhere, though in the US I think they're luckier than we are for now. The only way govt will not interfere now that many powerful lasers are getting in the hands of so many people, is if they don't have to. If they think we can all take care of it, they'll let that happen. But if they think for one instant that control is dangerously lacking, they'll take it all away. All they'd have to do is treat a laser like a gun, and it's game over in the UK, and variances for every bedroom and livingroom in the US. That's not a world I want to live in, so it's better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by markmtts View Post
    Looking at another grab : bottom right is the offender.

I'm puzzled how this had been stepped on ?
    Errr, maybe it was originally pointing upwards ??

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by markmtts View Post
    Looking at another grab : bottom right is the offender.

I'm puzzled how this had been stepped on ?
    I don't think it was stepped on, look at the angle the enclosure is at.

It either went out of alignment, or it's deliberate. (or perhaps incorrectly zoned.)
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Default Crewed for mobos on pyro

Quote Originally Posted by laserman View Post
    I was crewing at this event and I can say that it was not the laser companies fault. During the performance the laser was stepped on by one of the Artists. The unit wasn't outputting hardly any power as the operator took the output right down. Green always looks bright on TV.

It upsets me that a lot of you guys on here are too quick to judge a company and try to put them down without knowing the facts.

The unit was put in that position and was pointing up for a camera shot. I know I was there in rehearsals. I like lasers and fascinated by the work people do and I have to say it looked stunning. Its unfortunate that this unit got pushed down.

The council signed off the whole event and I was on Pyros

For you to post stuff from facebook what is that meant to achieve?? Daniel Briggs

The laser I can see at the club, do we know the company did that??? How do we know it wasn't a dry hire?

Please find out facts before you judge!!! or ask the questions before you try to ruin a companies reputation. I was there you were not and I have to say good on you Laser Company I like the work you do.

Hi you say you was crewed for this event on pyros ...? Please confirm as I actually was a head tech for pyros on this job , and lasers where nothing to do with us at all....

Thanks

Paul Harris Bpm-sfx

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyhaz View Post
    Please confirm as I actually was a head tech for pyros on this job , and lasers where nothing to do with us at all....
    *grin* small world, one may think that the "masked crusader" is also telling a few fibs in defence of the Laser sho-co.

Could this be because said crusader, works for Laser sho-co ? (Actually, I did a bit of brief googling cos I have no life and I'm 99% sure that this is the case, or it's a massive co-incidence.. you can do this too.. check out crusaders forum posts, find thread where he mentions his name, google a bit. boom.)

Oh the drama and excitement!

I'm saddened by this thread though, this could have all been avoided by one quick, swift hand movement (estop) - the client would not have thought any less of the company involved, in fact one would assume they would completely understand. (It would have been the professional thing to do)

But alas, it was not to be..

Now everyone on your best behaviour, rumour has it that Aunty Beeb is following this thread closely.

Indecently, I was watching one of my favourite youtube vids of all time again last night, it involves two blokes a Laserscope 800 series, a lift tower and some mic stands and mirrors.

I got a little shock tho, as it seems the vid has been edited to remove the particular part of it I found so amsuing. shame.

Anyway, back to my expenses .. so boring.
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Hi you say you was crewed for this event on pyros ...? Please confirm as I actually was a head tech for pyros on this job , and lasers where nothing to do with us at all....

Thanks

Paul Harris Bpm-sfx

Hi Paul, first of all welcome to the forum.

Out of interest, did you use all of your own crew on this job, or were there sub-contractors/freelancers also employed independently?

I'm just trying to work out if:
    a. You should know who 'laserman' is, because you employed/contracted him, or...
    b. You should know who 'laserman' is because you were co-ordinating him and talking to him on comms.

Have I missed any scenario that might occur (e.g. option z. he was the delivery driver for some sparklers)
    Last edited by norty303; 11-04-2013 at 03:27.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Default Pyro not lasers

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Hi Paul, first of all welcome to the forum.

Out of interest, did you use all of your own crew on this job, or were there sub-contractors/freelancers also employed independently?

I'm just trying to work out if:
    a. You should know who 'laserman' is, because you employed/contracted him, or...
    b. You should know who 'laserman' is because you were co-ordinating him and talking to him on comms.

Have I missed any scenario that might occur (e.g. option z. he was the delivery driver for some sparklers)
    Hi , thanks for the welcome

We used all our own crew no contractors
    We had no involvement with lasers in this production
    I don't know who laserman is , but he was not on the pyro crew
    I wanted o make clear that the lasers on this show where nothing to do with our company
    And that no one of our crew responded on this forum
    This forum was brought to my attention last night while I was out on rehearsals and I couldn't contain myself from pointing out that the pyro company involved with the mobos did not make any comments regarding lasers or have any involvement with lasers during the show

Thanks

Paul

Hey Jazzy...

Thanks for clearing that up... I'd kinda guessed that was the case as having worked pyrotechnic before I thought the "didn't pull the projector 'cos the client would have moaned" excuse was a bit weird coming from a pyrotechnician!
    Safety ALWAYS comes first in my experience...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

yep i remember this, my head was past 90deg to to output apeture and there was nothing in place that could cause any back reflection other than the plastic or glass diffraction grating that was used at the time. its an awesone cubr hope to own one one day

Quote Originally Posted by RyesonC View Post
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.