Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOBO Awards 2013 - Major ***FAIL***

Damn it. Why do I always miss the troll
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    OMG at 2.20mins ... 40 watts of laser light
    Am I understanding these images from the video correctly ? At 2:20 the gentleman catches a beam to the side of his head, then he recoils and rubs the area where he was struck. Honest question here, beceause lasers are a hobby for me: He is rubbing his head because that much power likely caused a skin burn or at least irritation. Right ? This power could burn your retina in an instant, correct ?
    Last edited by JasonB; 11-07-2013 at 08:27. Reason: Remove Video link from quote

40w of laser light would indeed burn, burn very badly
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

um laser hire London have had the video removed from my youtube page, so here we are again

click
    Last edited by andy_con; 11-07-2013 at 09:05.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Ohh yeh! I was thinking of the 2 stooges at 2:22 jest the other day .. Woob woob .. nyuk yuk yuk .. bonk ..

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    He is rubbing his head because that much power likely caused a skin burn or at least irritation. Right ? This power could burn your retina in an instant, correct ?
    The laser in question is q-switched.
    so he's most likely rubbing his head because of the pulse just delivered to it.

But yes probably not the best image to feature in a promo vid.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Am I understanding these images from the video correctly ? At 2:20 the gentleman catches a beam to the side of his head, then he recoils and rubs the area where he was struck. Honest question here, beceause lasers are a hobby for me: He is rubbing his head because that much power likely caused a skin burn or at least irritation. Right ? This power could burn your retina in an instant, correct ?
    This isn't just 40 Watts of laser light, it is 40 Watts (average) of pulsed laser light, meaning it peaks at maybe 20,000 Watts (I have been told, so do correct me if I'm wrong).
    It is horrible to imagine what would happen to an eye with this sort of power. Would it pop? You certainly wouldn't be seeing out of it!

Reaching for a fire extinguisher would have caused instant skin burns too.

Keith

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes.. that laser and that beam is designed for surgery. it will absolutely destroy your eyes very quickly and effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    This isn't just 40 Watts of laser light, it is 40 Watts (average) of pulsed laser light, meaning it peaks at maybe 20,000 Watts (I have been told, so do correct me if I'm wrong).
    It is horrible to imagine what would happen to an eye with this sort of power. Would it pop? You certainly wouldn't be seeing out of it!

Reaching for a fire extinguisher would have caused instant skin burns too.

Keith
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

.. to continue the thread derailment, I particularly like the expression on this guy's face here .. it looks like he's saying:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surprise.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	40771

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    um laser hire London have had the video removed from my youtube page, so here we are again....
    Why did Laser Hire London have it removed if they've done nothing wrong?
    I saw that vid on another site too.

http://videobam.com/ermew

You would think that Laser Hire London would be glad of the publicity.