Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy New Bose Lifestyle V35 $2000, Bose Lifestyle V25 $1220, Bose VideoWave LCD $2245

Quote Originally Posted by daction View Post
    l-acoustics all the way. midas have nice pre amps!
    Agreed, but way out of the reach of most HiFi bufs (a little large for home systems too).

Agreed re Midas. PM for photos of my old Midas analog consoles from my touring days in the 80s. The current Midas PRO range is a totally different league and more like driving a space shuttle compared to the old Ford D series trucks of the 80s....
    This space for rent.

I love this forum. You guys can even take a spam thread and take it off topic so much that it actually becomes useful and interesting
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Or if you do not have money, read the audio pages at Elliot Sound Products web site. Serious audio, and a hell of a lot of myth debunking too. Whole designs for stuff too, I think.
    I don't know about Elliot. I'll take a look.

Gatecrasher One though was world renound for its sound quality and it used a custom built Opus Sound System. That's one of the reasons why funds allowing, Opus would be one of my 1st calls.

Having said that its funds allowing, if you stick to their off the shelf products, you could probably build a nice powerful small venue system for around £5K (from memory - long time since I looked).
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-27-2013 at 05:02.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    LOL Jem, for a second there you had me fooled. I have not seen you troll before, your pretty good at it!
    Haha... .

Bose needs someone to stand up for them, Lol. Let me see... Bose Earbuds, Bose Quietcomfort 2 headphones, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Bose Bluetooth Soundlink speaker, Bose Sound dock portable, Bose Lifestyle surround sound system, Bose L1 Model 2 plus a B2 (mega )... All in my 'collection', need I go on?

I love this forum. You guys can even take a spam thread and take it off topic so much that it actually becomes useful and interesting
    Yes, and that's the great advantage of a relatively unmoderated forum. On most forums the Admin's would have deleted posts to keep threads on topic AND the members would probably have received an warning or been banned. That's what's great about PL, we can pretty much post what we like here and some great conversations arise without fear of recrimination. If it all gets too bad the members tend to sort out the perpetrators, and if it really gets bad the Janitor can step in to clear up the mess
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Keith
    That's because we are bloody professionals! Before I joined Photonlexicon I did not know how to spell professional, now I is one.
    This space for rent.

Ok, as we are on the subject of quality sound equipment, I need to get a comfortable and pleasant pair of headphones to plug into my laptop. Unfortunately looping 5 seconds of a tune 50 times in order to sync shows perfectly isn't appreciated round here!

Can anyone recommend something (not overly expensive)?

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Ok, as we are on the subject of quality sound equipment, I need to get a comfortable and pleasant pair of headphones to plug into my laptop. Unfortunately looping 5 seconds of a tune 50 times in order to sync shows perfectly isn't appreciated round here!

Can anyone recommend something (not overly expensive)?

Keith
    ... Err... Bose Lol

Alternatively, have a look at some Sennheiser HD25's
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hehe, thanks, they look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Alternatively, have a look at some Sennheiser HD25's
    Totally seconded...
    Just don't get the 'SP' ones. Get the full HD25's because you get better HF, better headband for stronger ear coupling (without which you lose so much bass it's worse than annoying). Even so you'll notice this if you sit playing bass in a sunbaked yard. Get spare ear cushions when you get them too, a lot of sellers sell them now, and they're the first things to go (the rest of the phones are so tough they can stand getting trodden on, flight cases dropped on them even, it's the soft bits that need renewing. They have steel-cored cables so no danger of snapping them. There are better phones, always are, but very few that sound this good AND withstand serious punishment both physically and electrically on occasion without degrading them.

One thing about these, and the Mackie HR-824's I mentioned, is that when I change from speakers to phones, unlike anythign I tried before, there is no objectionable quality change in the transition. Both are designed for accuracy, and they do it well. They have a strong reputation for this, especially given how good their isolation is from ambient sounds. Hence their big support in DJ circles... Allegedly most well-isolated phones sound boxy and stuffy, but these don't.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 10-27-2013 at 05:49.

Agreed re the Sniezers. Sweet and cumfy. I like the full ear sealed ones (cant recall the model now) as the bass is super.

Being a purist, I am disgusted to think you would plug high quality headphones directly into you laptop. Do you know just has shitty the inbuild sound device is? At least use a decent USB or Firewire Audio Interface, preferable one with Class-A headphone amplifier.

I have used and owned Focusright and now Presonus (USB Audiobox).

Oh no, I know what your thinking... Your cueing mp3 loops right? In that case go back to plan A and get a Bose system. You won't miss a thing.
    This space for rent.