Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy New Bose Lifestyle V35 $2000, Bose Lifestyle V25 $1220, Bose VideoWave LCD $2245

Default Buy New Bose Lifestyle V35 $2000, Bose Lifestyle V25 $1220, Bose VideoWave LCD $2245

Spam shit here.

Topic devolved into something useful, so it stays.

As for my ass: Admin is going to put a boot in it.

l-acoustics all the way. midas have nice pre amps!

Bose. Better sound through marketing.

Dr Bose, let me introduce you to the tweeter. No need to be scared, it sounds, well nice. Nicer than a full range driver trying to go 'Tssss'....
    This space for rent.

Spot on. Why anyone would ever think Bose was cool, I don't know. When I saw them the first time, it was like watching an industry go insane, forgetting most of what it knew about loudspeaker design. It was like watching a lurid episode of dementia. Fortunately Mackie came along and showed that top quality engineering could be done with cheaper methods, and let more of us get some.

Edit: There is SOME point to a fullrange, but few good enough, and only in context of special waveguided column speakers, apparently. Bose wouldn't like them. They don't look pumped and pimped enough. Or loud enough.

Quote Originally Posted by daction View Post
    l-acoustics all the way. midas have nice pre amps!
    If you have money, I'd always recommend a look at OPUS Audio sound systems: http://www.opusaudio.com/

Quality over quantity!
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-27-2013 at 04:14.

Krell KAV 100 monoblocks & NHT VT 2.4 speakers with an M&K SB-100 Subwoofer = awesome!

(Oh yeah, any lasers in there anywhere??)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131004_200642.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	40651
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    If you have money, I'd always recommend a look at OPUS Audio sound systems: http://www.opusaudio.com/

Quality over quantity!
    Or if you do not have money, read the audio pages at Elliot Sound Products web site. Serious audio, and a hell of a lot of myth debunking too. Whole designs for stuff too, I think.

Lol, number one Bose 'Fanboi' here

Yes, I put my hands up and admit that I love Bose gear. I listen to the 'music' and am not really concerned with what produces it as long as it sounds good. I've been there with audio gear and have had many different (& expensive) setups in my younger days. In fact I have mates who are still really into their audio gear, they spend all their time listening for 'faults' rather than just enjoying the music.

Many have tried to dissuade me from Bose, but as yet no-one's succeeded... I'm happy and that's what matters
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Brave man. Never mind, your rehabilitation starts here.

Gettign serious, I don't think theres anything wrong with settling on something that works, for whatever reason. Bose didn't for me, but I may just have heard bad Bose. Mackie worked for me because although there are people criticising its mic preamps, saying its channel strip op-amps are cheap and nasty, that the powered HR-824 speakers are 'clinical', it works for me. A piano sounds as solid and hard as the real ones I lived with as a kid, the subtle stuff is clean and clear, hard-edged industrial and metal is as caustic and abrasive as it ought to be, the way the cheap parts is used has more to do with actual science and measurement than goatskinned olive-wood ear muffs for golden ears. And there is very little noise, it's like a clean, large window on what I want to hear, and I can crank it up and like a large engine it doesn't sound ugly when I do that.

More importantly it was the first, and therefore only, system that was 'good enough', once I had it I knew I never needed more. And it lasts so long and so well I have no idea when if ever I'll have to replace it either.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 10-27-2013 at 04:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Lol, number one Bose 'Fanboi' here

Yes, I put my hands up and admit that I love Bose gear. I listen to the 'music' and am not really concerned with what produces it as long as it sounds good. I've been there with audio gear and have had many different (& expensive) setups in my younger days. In fact I have mates who are still really into their audio gear, they spend all their time listening for 'faults' rather than just enjoying the music.

Many have tried to dissuade me from Bose, but as yet no-one's succeeded... I'm happy and that's what matters
    LOL Jem, for a second there you had me fooled. I have not seen you troll before, your pretty good at it!
    This space for rent.