Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 250 mW, 532 nm, Lambdapro, eBay.

Default (SOLD) 250 mW, 532 nm, Lambdapro, eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150092179353

Two people sent me a pm here after I mentioned the ill fate this one suffered so far due to that IR filter business that made people flock to bid for low power lasers that lied to Laserchecks. I think that problem is now known, one seller doing it is getting very low bids, people are wising up at last.

So, although my ideal price of £250 or better is something I still want to try for, I've opened the auction at £200, to give US and Canadian bidders a chance, as both people who pm'd me were from the US. If the winning bidder is from the US or Canada, and is a member here, I'll extend the subsidy on postage costs further, IF the bidding goes beyond £250, by paying £20 of it, double the £10 I stated on the listing.

It would be really easy to limit the sale to the UK, but no matter how annoying the failure to sell was before, when that stupid IR filter blight was at its worst, I still want to sell this, so I'm going some way to make sure I do, this time.

Edit:
    I want a Weller PUD81 temperature controlled soldering PSU, so I'll be happy to consider one as part payment, if anyone can help with that.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 02-21-2007 at 11:09. Reason: Laser sold on 21/02/07. Took quick offer, as bank account was in danger of debt.

Whats the best price that you can do?
    I want it.

Jim

There is no best price, I'm not a reseller punting them out as loss-leaders on eBay every week. I paid over £500 less than a year ago, and £200 is the starting price. It's already low, so it's not negotiable, nor is it going to always be there if people decide yet again that it's not worth a bid.

To be honest, I might decide that the therapeutic value of putting it under a sledgehammer is worth £200 if yet again, no-one does more than ask questions or pay lip service, it's frustrating beyond belief. If you want it, bid for it. Make it real.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 02-16-2007 at 10:49.

£200 plus post?

Jim

Of course, if no-one else bids. What you see is what you get, the listing terms are clear.

Have a go. Last time I listed (same price of £200), NO-ONE bid, so you'd have won it. You might win it this time, and I'd welcome a bit of commitment from someone.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 02-16-2007 at 12:20.

OK will do

Jim

Nice. Good to see.

I thought there was a buy it now, but there's not.
    I might put a bid in at the end of the auction if I dont get sorted before.
    Cheers
    Jim

Thumbs up

200 pounds

That's a *great* deal, Doc...

I'd be bidding on it myself if it weren't for all the BS I've been fighting with my cars lately. Heck, I was seriously considering buying it straight out for 250 pounds a couple weeks ago. But that was before the transmission in my Jeep went out. (Makes me want to sell all my vehicles and tell the family to take up jogging!) Sigh. Sure wish we had decent public transportation in this country.

Adam

Well, at that price it should go. Main problem is that if no-one bids till too close to the end, it might be that no-one will because they see no-one else bidding, and wonder what the catch is. Herd logic. Still, most people into lasers aren't herding types, it's still a new field in many ways, so I live in hope. Also, people have got over the christmas spend, and not yet started to worry about tax forms, hopefully, so I timed it about as well as can be managed without waiting half a year.

I want it gone though. I was using it as a bedside light for a while. Egads! It has to have a better life than that. And I sorely need an accurate PD controlled soldering station and some more parts, so please go for it, someone, anyone... If I succeed in my project, I'll eventually be offering multi-hundred mW red lasers in various forms, built myself to high standard, If I can't get that going for lack of parts and tools, that's never going to happen. Incentive enough? I hope so...

Given the costs of trying to use ready-built lasers, it was a better bet trying to make my own, given that getting a really excellent beam on eBay is too often a lottery, and modifying a LambdaPro laser looks like NO fun at all, as they seal their heads too well and grind the chip numbers off and make it very hard to see what's happening where. No scope to mod it safely, best to just take it as it is, or sell it on. I'm not ready yet to build green ones, but I'm looking into that too. Probably never be cost effective though. At least with reds, I've figured out some way to make it viable to make several tens of them.