Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to the Pink Floyd Laser Show in Lakeland Fl on March 2 and 3?

Thumbs up

Went to the show this evening. It's an awesome set up. I'll give you a short summary cause buffo doesn't have internet. I'm sure he'll elaborate much more eliquently than I can.

They incorprate a lot of video in with it using a few hi-def projectors and also have many intelligent light projectors. Almost too much, the lights drown out the lasers a little.

I think they had 2 coherent whites with cambridge scanners for graphics and a spectra physic 168 on a table like clandestiy's for beams. I think the whites are 4 or 5 watts and the 168 was 2.

The "crew" were cool and friendly. Ryan talked with us for a while. We're going back tomorrow night with everyone and have dinner and all, see a lil bit of the backstage area if we can get there early enough. I was draggin ass today... Unfortunatly my girlfriend is slow and tends to make us late for everything...

Thumbs up RE: Pink Floyd Laser show

Hey Aaron;

Yeah, I typed up a review. As usual, mine is long and drawn out, while yours is to-the-point. One of these days I just know they'll find a cure for my verbal diarrhea... But you hit it on the head. Ryan, Dave, and his crew are great people. (Too bad they couldn't join us for dinner... Maybe next time.)

Anyway, here's a link to my review of the show.

Adam

Anyone going to see this show in Atlanta, GA this friday? 3/16?

David

Lightbulb

No Atlanta for me but spec's real close... I bet you can talk him into goin.

Cool

I wanted to go, but it looks like I'll be back in Florida this weekend, doing more yard work. Oh well. At least I got to see it twice while it was in Florida!

Spec, you don't want to miss this one! It's a great show!

Adam

I hit up the show a couple months back as well - it really is "spectacular"!

I really want to know how they produced the lumia effects! They were one of my favorite parts of the show.

Do you remember that there were two different lumina effects in the show? I can tell you how each one was done, because Ryan Waters showed us the inside of the projector.

During the first part of the show, you see a "tornado" effect... That is actually done with a slowly-rotating ornamental crystal doorknob!

The second part of the show has more traditional lumina effects, and that is accomplished with the standard chunk of shower glass that is also rotating slowly.

Cool, eh?

Adam

Sorry to appear Really ignorant, but if you don't ask etc...

What's a 'lumina' effect?

Cheers

Jem

If you shine the laser through varios crystals or liquids you end up withrandom effects simular to the Northern Lights (aurora borealis).

Jim

Ahhh.... All becomes clear now, thanks Jim.

So now we all rush down to the local car boot sale to find those old ornamental crystal doorknobs.

Come to think of it, i've probably got one in the garage somewhere, I never throw things away as you never know when they may come in useful

Jem