Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to the Pink Floyd Laser Show in Lakeland Fl on March 2 and 3?

Question Who is going to the Pink Floyd Laser Show in Lakeland Fl on March 2 and 3?

Subject line says it all...

Who is planning to go to the laser show in Lakeland, Florida on Friday, March 2nd and/or Saturday, March 3rd?

Bill Benner of Pangolin contacted the producer of the show and said that he could score some free tickets for members of the PL forum. So how many people are going to come, and which night do we want to go? (Leaning towards Saturday, based on previous posts, but need to decide for sure.)

Adam

Lightbulb

At least two here, me and the lasagna Queen... Whichever night, maybe both...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thumbs up Final list of attendees for the show...

Ok Aaron, that's you and a significant other...

I just got off the phone with Fred, and he said that he and his wife will be there.

So with me, that makes a total of 5 people that will be going.

Hayden said that he would be able to make it to the Saturday evening show. (That's on March 3rd.) So that will be the date for all of us! I'm going to drop a quick message to Hayden and Bill and let them know the final count.

See everyone at the laser show! (I'm going to get directions, show times, etc from Pangolin and I'll post them here when I do...)

Adam

If you want, you can probably park at your Mom's and ride with us...

Smile

Aaron;

Thanks for the offer! Ordinarily I'd jump at it, but I've got to go into Orlando for a few things before the show. Then, since I'll already be in town, I'm going to meet with Hayden Hale for a little while. I'm planning on being finished with everything in time to leave town and drive to Lakeland for the show. (I'm guessing it starts around 7??? Need to get that info..)

So while it would be great, I'll have to pass this time around. But thanks for the offer!

Adam

Thumbs up Details for Pink Floyd show....

Ok everyone - the show is 1 week away. Here's what I've got:

Aaron and a significant other... Fred and his wife. Me. That's the whole list. 5 people. (Hayden sends his apologies, but he can't make it.)

The venue is the Polk Theater in Lakeland, Florida. The show starts at 9 PM (both nights) and gets out at 11:00 PM. There will be a short intermission during the show.

The doors will open 30 min prior to the show. The whole event is general admission.

The free tickets that Bill Benner was able to score for us (thanks to Ryan Waters, the laserist for the event) are a real plus! Why? Because they normally cost $25 at the box office, plus a $2 ticketing fee, that's why! Thanks Bill!!!

I called the theater today, and they said there are still lots of tickets left, which means it probably won't sell out. So, we can consider going BOTH nights if we want... I'm up for it - anyone else? (Think of it this way... You pay $27 and you get to see it twice!)

Right now we're all set to go there on Saturday, March 3rd. I just need to find out where to pick up the free tickets. (My guess is that either Bill will have them, or else they'll be waiting for us at the box office.) I also need to get in touch with Ryan (or someone from his staff) to set up the little backstage tour we talked about. Ryan told Bill Benner that it would be no problem for us to have a quick look at their equipment and chat for a little while; I just need to find out when it will work best for Ryan...

I'm thinking it would be great if we all met before the show. What do you guys think?

Adam

Talking

Sounds good man. There's a Hooters right off I4 in Lakeland we can meet at... This will of course get chot down by my girlfriend, but it's a start...

Hey... There are 5 of us. My guess is that the ladies will vote no, but they're two to our three. Majority rules! Hooters it is! (Unless someone else wants to suggest a meeting point that might be less-offensive to the ladies.)

Adam

Lightbulb

Damn... Is it too late to get a couple of more tickets? It figures I have been mentioning this for atleast two, three weeks and tonight my girlfriend says, "Can my sister and little brother come?" I smacked her a good one with my imaginary... smacking stick and said we may have to buy their tickets but they can come. Her sister is my cousin's wife, but he's not a Floyd fan so I think he'd rather chill at home and have a night off fromt he wife. Make it 7 now... I haven't mentioned Hooters yet.

Hey Aaron;

Yeah, I think it is too late. Bill Benner managed to get either 5 or 6 tickets, but I think it would be improper to try and get extra tickets this late in the game.

They cost $27 at the box office, and when I called the theater they said they had plenty of tickets left, so it shouldn't be a problem to pick up a few more tickets the night of the event.

Speaking of that, I'm seriously thinking about driving down there Friday night to see the show opening night. Whatcha think dude? You up for a double-header? See it Friday, then go back and see it Saturday with the rest of the group? Let me know if you can swing it. (Remember that the show doesn't start 'til 9 pm, so even though you'll probably be working on Friday you should still have time to make it to the show on time...) If you want to do that, I'm sure we can buy the extra tickets for Saturday when we arrive at the box office on Friday.

I've sent an e-mail to the laserist (Ryan Waters) that will be running the show. (Well, this was only after Bill Benner introduced us via e-mail.) I'm hoping that he'll contact me in the next day or two so we can finalize our plans. I told him that we could be flexible, so whenever it was convenient for him to meet with us would be fine. Just waiting for his reply.

Adam