Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen this?

Default Has anyone seen this?

Hi all,

OK, it's a little late for a Christmas-related post, but take a look at this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eJy82UHh7xQ

It is a house with christmas lights and lasers, all controlled by Pangolin LD2000. Pretty cool!!

Does anyone know who this Joe is? Apparently he is in Ohio. Is he a member of PL?

Best regards,

William Benner

Thats was really great show

Thumbs up

WOW! That was awesome! One of my favorite Christmas tunes also. Thanks for shearing that Bill.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Woow that was pretty cool

every year these shows get better ... and more demanding

maybe next year lights lasers and pyrotechnics

although faulty wiring may give the same effect as pyrotechnics

all the best .... KARL

Thumbs up

I've seen a few of these before, but never one with a laser projector! Interesting that they all seem to pick music from Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Would be nice to see some Manheim Steamroller in there too...

I can't tell if he's shooting the laser from a window above the garage door, or if he actually has it mounted outside. I would think he'd have to have it inside, but that's a strange place for a window...

Either way, it's a damn cool show. Wonder what the neighbors thought about it? (I remember a few years back some guy did this with just lighting, and the neighbors got pissed because it drew so much traffic to the subdivision.)

I know *I* would love to live next door to this guy though! I'l bet he's got a whole garage full of toys. Wonder if he works as a professional in the lighting/stage business, or if it's just his hobby.?.

Adam

Its certainly a lot better than my christmas lights.

Jim

Bill, go to www.TheAderholdts.com Aparently Joe, is the name of Joe's Garage in Wausau, Wisconsin, which is were this show was done. It was created by Curtis and Ron Aderholdt.

David

I thought you meant that just the lasers AND NOT THE WHOLE LIGHT SHOW

was done on pangolin ..... BUT ITS EVERYTHING

well credit to you Bill, it just shows what your bit of kit can do ....

From the website
    <H2>Burn 2006

Last year, 2005, the Ohio Christmas lights show video spread everywhere to amaze people. After having various people send this video to my dad in early December, he was convinced that we needed to match this with a show of our own. We worked slightly on getting the project going, but school was a higher priority at the time for myself. I had to get to know Pangolin software to design the show. When Christmas break came around we started to focus our attention on the music we wanted. My dad bought himself and I tickets to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in Green Bay, WI. On our way over Green Bay, we designed our DMX frames for each light (or each strand of christmas tree lights) and picked the song we would play: Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24. After being inspired by the TSO concert, we listened to Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 another 10 or 20 times.
    Over the next few days, I worked on putting a DMX frame on a timeline for each time a light turns on or off. Pangolin had 3 timelines (the new update for the software gives you 8 now), in which you could only put a couple hundred frames on until you have to start another block (module) on the timeline to continue with the song. After working hard from the afternoon until early morning for a couple days, the timeline was supposedly finished. We aquired our various lights for the show and built some electrical equipment to power all the lights through dimmers, which were connected to the computer. During our work we had different individuals come and help us, so we thank them. After connecting our lights up we played the show for the first time. It needed improvment.
    My dad and I worked more and more to finish the show before our new years party. We made two automated instruments move a couple times during the show after a lot of hassel, and went to sleep around 4 or 5 in the morning. The next day we cleaned up the inside of our shop to set up food and chairs for our guests coming that evening. The show went through, various times that night, with my dad operating a console for the lasers. Afterwords we were happy, but decided that there was still work to be done.
    We added some laser animation into the show and fixed some timing problems. We then played the show a couple more times into February for different people. We then took down all of our equipment in March. Right now we are now working on improving the show even more and adding more songs. Hopefully we will have it all done by the party of next year.
    </H2>
    all the best .... KARL
    Last edited by Banthai; 02-18-2007 at 01:12.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi all,

OK, it's a little late for a Christmas-related post, but take a look at this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eJy82UHh7xQ

It is a house with christmas lights and lasers, all controlled by Pangolin LD2000. Pretty cool!!

Does anyone know who this Joe is? Apparently he is in Ohio. Is he a member of PL?

Best regards,

William Benner
    I think this one deserves a bump...

I did put some laser design on the house over the street
    I need to upload it to YouTube asap..