Thread: Laserworld's CL-G500 Laser

Unhappy Laserworld's CL-G500 Laser

Well just received a Laserworld's CL-G 500mw green from EBAY site for $650.00, for lasercam to work with and did a test Pattern on it. found there specks are different from what they sell.
    Specks are
    max. power (mW)500 mWmin. power (mW) 200 mWlaser sourcesDPSS 532 nmlaser class 3bbeam properties3 mm/1 mradGalvo systemmax. 25.000 pps scan speeddeflection angle max. 40° opticalscan speed 25 kppsoperating mode ILDA, DMX-512, sound, auto modeILDA25 pin ILDA standard Sub-D shaped 25 pin connectorDMX 512 15 channels basic pattern 85 (plane, fence, tunnel, wave effects, graphics) + 43 animationslaser safetyIEC 60825accessoriespower cable, manual, keypower supply220-240 V AC 50/60 Hzrated power40 Wdimensions300 x 300 x 150 mm

REAL SCANNER SPEED only 12500 on pattern after that distortion very cheap
    Need's a DT30 for this one to fit.
    Sent out laser tuned down to around 225mw but You can correct it with the internal pot.
    Laser case well built.

Avarage Laser gun around $600 or more so I bought this and have a case to work with as long as I got a good gun and it does work fine with fan on power supply and laser casing also.
    I will give Laserworld a 5 out of 10 on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LASERWORLD-CL-G-...item3a588650be

Just thought I would let you know what I found out there. I expected more from a greman Co
    BUT? I will keep it and do an upgrade. John

Santanas-

If i were you, return the system. If you "pot up" the laser to 500mW it *will not* last you more than i say 1 month maximum! Sorry my friend, i wish you came here prior to purchasing one of these units.

Laserworld is notorious for outright lying and cheating customers. It seems as if you just got added to that list.

500mW means 500mW. PERIOD!!!! You shouldnt have to tweak, adjust, current crank *anything* to get a product that you paid for originally.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Well just received a Laserworld's CL-G 500mw green from EBAY site for $650.00,
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Unhappy

Another PL member ripped off by LaserWorld

Someone should put laserworld out of business.

i would just do a paypal chargeback say it was different from advertised (which I am willing to bet money is TRUE) then you get it for free

Unhappy Laserworld

Hi Again. They are a strange group to deal with. They put the blame on the person that buys from them and they do not admit and problem with there site info, they say you do not read the fine specks and argue with you on it. If you see 500mw and 25kpps scanners you expect it but they told me 25kpps at deflection angle of 3 to 4 degrees so at 12kpps test pattern the circle inside is smaller than normal and some what distorted. even after tweeking the fine tunning in Mamba Black outputs.
    But the 500 mw> 2000mw did not say on specks only 200mw Guaranteed on factory sheet.
    I do now that if you order from O-Like they are one of the right on, with what they sell and I did expect the same from others. Laserworld sales (reps) outlet people are only selling and not takeing care of there people as they should. I am new at this but not totaly stupid. DON'T SAY OK.

Have a Great Day. JH

Thats why people has to stay away from laserworld. But you get what you paid for in my opinon

I had a beautiful rgy for sale with a Kvant 600mw/640 and a laserwave 500mw doing 690 with raytracks35 and a good quality case. I lost heaps of money on it because no one would spent 2500 euro,s on it so sold it to hobbybob for 1800. It was prepared for a blue so he only had to ad blue. Also i have doing some design changes in the next projector like adding 92mm fans in the bottom and now he has bennifit of that because he believed in me. I will ugrade his projector by adding new sidepanels and bottom panel to keep everything cool.

Just look what he has now:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=hobbybob

My opinion. Spend money on a good quality case with good scanset, dichro,s and heavier powersupplies than needed. That way if you can upgrade your projector only by changing the lasers

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Hi Again. They are a strange group to deal with. They put the blame on the person that buys from them and they do not admit and problem with there site info, they say you do not read the fine specks and argue with you on it. If you see 500mw and 25kpps scanners you expect it but they told me 25kpps at deflection angle of 3 to 4 degrees so at 12kpps test pattern the circle inside is smaller than normal and some what distorted. even after tweeking the fine tunning in Mamba Black outputs.
    But the 500 mw> 2000mw did not say on specks only 200mw Guaranteed on factory sheet.
    I do now that if you order from O-Like they are one of the right on, with what they sell and I did expect the same from others. Laserworld sales (reps) outlet people are only selling and not takeing care of there people as they should. I am new at this but not totaly stupid. DON'T SAY OK.

Have a Great Day. JH
    Laserworld's business ethic is nothing short of criminal, plain and simple.

If you're wondering if you're the only person to have problems with them, you're not. See here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...009-Laserworld