Thread: Greetings from a new/Old Laser Maniac

Lightbulb Greetings from a new/Old Laser Maniac

Hello All,

I started reading this forum a few weeks ago and decided to join. The topics of discussion here are excellent and quite informative as well. I started playing with lasers around 10 years ago when I took a part-time
    job as laserist working for Laser Fantasy at the Fels Planetarium in Philadelphia, PA. I later won a paper contest which allowed me a free
    one year ILDA membership. (Thanks to Craig Nelson and Bob T. at Lasertainment ). I remained a individual member for a few more years before I dropped for financial reasons. I will be re-joining soon. I use
    Pangolin Pro , LSDI Turbo Track 2 amps with Cambridge 6800 and G120D galvos, MVM and Neos PCAOM's, various small frame and DPSS lasers.

Best Regards,
    Imagelight

Welcome Imagelight!
    This is a great forum with lot of information

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    I use
    Pangolin Pro , LSDI Turbo Track 2 amps with Cambridge 6800 and G120D galvos, MVM and Neos PCAOM's, various small frame and DPSS lasers.

Best Regards,
    Imagelight
    With the Pangolin Pro and cambridge scanners you will be getting us all jealous. I am actually green with envy

Welcome aboard.

Jim

Hello Jim,

It took years of dreaming, ebay auctions and alot of DIY. If you hang in long enough, you'll have the system you want. The only things I had to
    purchase new were Pangolin and the LSDI Amps. My projector is still not
    quite finished and it will be a ongoing project for a long time. When I got to play with a LFI Rainbow (5 head) series projector, the laser bug bit really hard and I've set that projector level as my goal. Is there
    anyone here that lives in the Delaware region? This is my favorite hobby and I'd love to hook up with other laserists.

Best Regards,
    Mark
    Imagelight

Talking Welcome!

Hi Mark! Welcome to the forum!

Wow - sounds like you've had the good fortune to be able to play with some very nice equipment. (LFI rainbow)

We've got a few members that are slightly north and west of your location, and a few more that are futher south. (Virginia & North Carolina) I'm in Charleston, SC, so I usually have to drive south to Orlado, east to Atlanta, or North to Charlotte to meet up with anyone. But I've got to admit that each time I've done it, it was worth the drive!

We are planning a get together for later this summer (latter part of July) that might be close enough for you to drive to. We haven't nailed down the location 100% yet, but we've got a very good prospect for a venue in central North Carolina... Stay tuned here for more details.

You have an impressive equipment list there... Are you doing shows commercially? (Pictures?)

Adam

Hi Adam,

I'm not doing any shows commercially and I'll post some pictures when I
    set the system back up. I recently installed a home theatre in the basement and I had to move everything around a bit. I always wanted to
    integrate lasers with video, kinda like what we were doing in the
    planetarium.

Best Regards,
    Mark

welcome aboard Mark
    Last edited by dave; 02-16-2007 at 14:55. Reason: spelling
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/