Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LSX Pro shows not projecting

Hello,

Thank you.

ED

Just to confirm - do you see a text label above the button that says "Ready"? There should be one there if the update button is enabled, and it should only be enabled if the DAC is in firmware update mode, but it's not if the LED isn't blinking. So the updater is definitely behaving strangely on your machine...

You can force the Ether Dream into update mode by shorting the jumper mentioned in the manual (and opening the case is fine), which might work, but I'd be a little surprised if it did given how it's misbehaving. Failing that, do you have another machine that you could try the update on? If you have a Mac or Linux system, that would be ideal - let me know and I'll build you an updater image for your platform.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    pretty much just a button.
    This, after the pretty light from mashing buttons. Cut to the chase, says I. I like my buttons to be pretty too.

Hello,

No text above the button. The attached images show what I see. LED is not blinking before or after pressing the "Update" button.

I opened the case, and put a shunt on the connector as indicated on the ED site. The LED next to the USB connector began flashing quickly. I reran the updater, but still no text. Pressing the "Update" button had no effect.

As suggested, I tried the process on a different machine. This time I do see "Ready" above the button. I still had the jumper installed and ran "update-v0.5.0.exe". This time I got a progress indicator that reached 100% and the DAC reset. I ran the "sitter.exe" and it indicates that I now have v0.5.0 installed.

I tried to run one of the example files in LSX "Demo.rtd" nothing out of the projector. I clicked the "Protection..." item under "File" and I get a screen asking for a password. Do I need a password to run the example files?

I don't mind working through this, but what am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help, both swamidog and j4cbo.

ED

@j4cbo: When I get this working, I will help you figure out what was going on here if you like. If you need me to try or test anything, just ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails etherdream_updater_before.JPG  

etherdream_updater_after.JPG  

Last edited by ekeefe; 11-11-2013 at 04:37. Reason: Forgot to attach images

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

this issue has been resolved.

there was something specific to ED's machine that was preventing the etherdream from flashing properly. once the dac was flashed to 0.5.0 on another machine and the right (read: default) etherdream.dll put in place, things worked properly.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hello,

All sorted now.

With the help of "swamidog" and "j4cbo", I was able to get the correct firmware loaded. Everything works now.

The last hurdle was to replace the EtherDream.dll I downloaded from the ED web site with the one shipped with LSX.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with this.

ED

Hello,

@j4cbo: My offer stands...

Now that this is working, if you like, I will work with you to help figure out what was going on with my install. Maybe we can find the problem and prevent it. If you need me to test anything for you, just ask.

ED

I'm just about to do this to fix the same problem of not being able to play the shows...

Hi all

Did you manage to get the shows playing? I have done the etherdream update as suggested but still not able to play the shows that come with LSX. They are set to Target screen and I cant find a way of routing them through to the laser. Andrew sent through the manual which is great and I can create my own shows fine, but when I load one of the included shows it only allows me to play it on the screen - also after I have loaded one of these shows I cant output one of mine to the laser and have to restart the software which seems to suggest these shows set a flag or something and target to the screen.

Any ideas?

Howard

LSX Lite
    2 x Shinp RGB980

Hi again

Managed to sort this. Reinstalled LSX lite and made sure I had the over write option selected on peazip. I didn't realise this was an option and I had installed the ether dream dll - although I reinstalled LSX several times it wasn't over writing the old files. Once I had this sorted the shows play great. Although the installation should be relatively easy it can get a bit iffy if you load the demo first as I did. I should have deleted everything before I downloaded the full version - that way I think I would have negated the problems I had with activation and this show playing.

Thanks for all the help from members on this.
    Howard