Thread: Pocket Projector

Default Pocket Projector

I want to make a pocket projector. This is what I'm starting with http://www.pactecenclosures.com/Plas...osures/PP.html

The Laser I'd use something like a 30mw 532

For controlling I was thinking two ways of doing this. Stepper with a microcontroller or use an open look system. Using an mp3 player to make the very simple graphics.

Any Ideas, suggestions?

Cool

Fred (Astroguy) did something like this a while back. I think he used spinning mirrors though, instead of steppers or galvos. I don't know if he's got any pictures of his unit posted in the gallery or not.

If you watched some of the video clips from FLEM, you probably saw his unit in operation. (the clips named Beamshow5, 6, and 7 all show it running - it's on the left and it's monochrome red only.)

Adam

yea, spinning mirrors (how about those motors they're using inside $20 rc indoor helicoptors? I think they are pager motors) or speaker mounted (piezo?) mirrors should be easy to do. Not sure where you'll end up with stepper motors without a sophisticated control board. Just my .02

Yeah I was thinking about the spinning mirrors too. I think it's the easiest.