Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red diode setup?

Default Red diode setup?

Hey PL

Just want to know what you guys think of this? maybe it has been done but i havent been able to find something like it and maybe its stupid
    so just lay it on me! hehe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stupid.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	40876

its ugly but i hope you get the ideer and no it havent been lay'ed out the right way yet just want to know if the ideer with 2 pbs is a good way to go?

that can be done with one pbs cube. Knife two sets and pbs them. Correct the beam at the end.

i know but i want to have as few knifes ( stacks ) as possible
    also i want the correction to be as close as possible to get the best FL comprimise besides if the distance from each diode to the correction is diffrent i will end up with two diffrent mrad and two diffrent sized beams...

the beams entering the prism pair will be different sizes
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

because of the diff in distance? or what do you mean?

indeed cos of the different distance, you will be correcting beams of a different size
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Dont you have that problem any way if you knife diodes? ( we are talking about the maybe part of my drawing right? The anamorphic prisems.. )
    I have seen planters big RGB on video witch if i remember right 2 pairs of 8 445 nm knifed in a line wont that have the same distance problem as this?

Uh! And if i shift the bottom pair of diodes to right of the top pair insted of the left i would be able to solve that as well ?

i have done a new design now hehe maybe this is better?

Name:	stupid.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	40881

Btw is this the right forum to post this in?

/// haha got this ideer as well

Name:	stupid 2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	40882

but that would be kind of shitty cos of the beam being huge at the last knife... i think
    can you use prisems more than once to make the knifed beam sqare again at the end?
    Last edited by SimonNeve; 11-14-2013 at 16:50.

Simon,

If you are willing to put together the last diagram you posted then we need to talk because you are far along the way to a ring laser. These are neat, but oh boy of boy...but not as a first go. Actually, I think your first diagram could work if you backed the lower pair to the right enough to compensate for it's currently shorter distance to the prism beam expanders. This distance needs to be very similar as in no more different than 1-2mm. Also the art of knife edging is in the compromise between the most compact spacing and the increasing light loss as you begin to cut off the beams and this is why most people like to work with a simple stripe that is not the superposition of two diodes where there will inevitably be some misalignment.

Kecked's suggestion is a good one. Even if you can make #1 work I am almost certain it will be no better than an equally well executed "standard arrangement and probably harder to perfect. But, the only way these things can be known is to try it. Get the components for the build and do it both ways. This is extra work if you can call it work and then you can contribute the idea or steer others away from it.