Thread: First QS-Show (Pink floyd - Another Brick in the Wall pt 1)

Default First QS-Show (Pink floyd - Another Brick in the Wall pt 1)

Ok, I have finally gone from leech status to contributor. This is my first Quickshow. The show is made for 3 projectors and the middle projector with analog laser. However, it still look OK on single projector too. The Song is Pink Floyd - The Wall - 03 - Another Brick in The Wall (Part I). It is funny how I noticed my skill is improving as the song is advancing.

Please Enjoy,

Zaos
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oooh, my favorite band. Nice, let me rig my 3 projectors and give this a look.

Stand by.
    This space for rent.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Thanks! I have downloaded it but need the time to set things up to play it. As above... stand by,

Your show looks pretty good (despite me missing green in my main projector at the moment). Nice job for your first effort! Did you enjoy the process?

You should find a good techno track to suit fast moving shows next, if Thats what you want to do. Nothing wrong with programming your taste to Pink Floyd, just that for me their laser shows are typically slow moving, less is more.

I started to program a new QS show today and found a bug with the timeline events.... Reported. I have Beyond now, but given my experience with QS and the gig only 2 weeks away I am not confident to go live with Beyond just yet.
    This space for rent.

Thanks,

QS has its challenges, especially lacking good copy/undo/pasting/timeline moving features. Or I just never really figured out how to use QS properly. I also found keeping a tightly synced track (like this one) can be difficult.

Funny you mention it, my next project is a eNomine song, which is much faster techno track. I have to finish a whole performance which I am scheduled to do Dec 11 here in a local church.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

^ I too am finding that I wish it had better copy/paste/undo features on the timeline now that I'm starting to create shows. Maybe Beyond does but so far, I'm really only messing with Quickshow. It would be nice to be able to (easily) move an event from one track to the next or, hit "paste" in several spots where you want to use the same cue. I don't think it's just you. But... Quickshow really is supposed to be "beginners" software.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ^ I too am finding that I wish it had better copy/paste/undo features on the timeline now that I'm starting to create shows. Maybe Beyond does but so far, I'm really only messing with Quickshow. It would be nice to be able to (easily) move an event from one track to the next or, hit "paste" in several spots where you want to use the same cue. I don't think it's just you. But... Quickshow really is supposed to be "beginners" software.
    I agree, I find it difficult to do even some of the most basic things in Quickshow. And I do get that it's "beginner" software, but even beginner software shouldn't be crippled.

I'm going to check out this show when I fire up the projector tonight.

OK OK. I said I was working on a faster paced show, but.. I got hooked on this one. I really feel like I can correlate the notes of the music and I know its short and simple, but I really like clean expressive shows. Tried to coordinate colors with the theme and implementing some custom blends and a really tight music synchronization . Hope this this one looks good...Enjoy

Cheers,

Zaos

(Oh did I tell you I don't sleep and my shows are "Thank You! Licensed")
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zaos; 11-20-2013 at 14:12. Reason: new item