Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First post, and a quick question about LaserCheck power meters

I think that the Aussies call england

"The Bastard Pommy shithole that beat us at cricket"

all the best .... Karl

Default Welcome

Hiya Pit
    Another UK member here , although in Scotland .
    Sad to hear karls out the equation for organising a meet , I thought the thread had went quiet ...not even one persons even contributed to come up with a name for the meet !
    This is one of the most friendly forums i have visited , and as long as you dont call me Jock I will be friendl;y too.
    Although i dont have a huge amount to contribute being a relative newbie in terms of building Kit.
    As regards a future RGB , do a search here for big dipper F2000 it seems to have been a respected peice of kit from what i have read a few memebrs say about it and is available from Ebay for around £850 including shipping ( 400mW ) , as regards the Lasercheck a friend of a friend ! told me he knows a website in Uk where its obtainable for £270 inc VAt and delivery but I have never checked it out , let me know if you need more details.

Anyways welcome and i am sure our paths will cross again ........
    PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Where abouts fluff?
    We'll start calling you Alan Freeman :lol: or are you too young to remember Fluff Freeman.

Jim
    I am based in Leicester.

I'm a child of the sixties , so I do remember Fluff " Not Arf " Freeman . But now, when he's mentioned, all I can picture is Harry Enfield !!

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Hiya Pit
    Another UK member here , although in Scotland .
    Sad to hear karls out the equation for organising a meet , I thought the thread had went quiet ...not even one persons even contributed to come up with a name for the meet !
    This is one of the most friendly forums i have visited , and as long as you dont call me Jock I will be friendl;y too.
    Although i dont have a huge amount to contribute being a relative newbie in terms of building Kit.
    As regards a future RGB , do a search here for big dipper F2000 it seems to have been a respected peice of kit from what i have read a few memebrs say about it and is available from Ebay for around £850 including shipping ( 400mW ) , as regards the Lasercheck a friend of a friend ! told me he knows a website in Uk where its obtainable for £270 inc VAt and delivery but I have never checked it out , let me know if you need more details.

Anyways welcome and i am sure our paths will cross again ........
    PAUL
    I can a meet host if someone else organises. I have a pub with a function room and access to a large nightclub main room in daytime. I also have several lasers , RGB and singles, to play with , and Pangolin. And I'm 1 mile from the M1 J21 , right in the middle of the country !

I am a busy bunny though, so I wouldn't be able to organise. Just facilitate.

Regards

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    As a side note, do Americans call it down under and what do the Aussies call England... Up Over?????

Jim
    I call it that, but to be a lil stupid I call it down unda...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

There is very little to actually do the organising, just pick a place and date that most people can agree on. The rest fall into place, have a look at the FLEM thread to see how that panned out.
    If all else fails I will take it on board and organise it for up here, maybe Bolton as my brother has a pub there that we will be able to use.

Jim

Jim

JOCK Wrote
    but seriously .... Paul ... im a little bit embarassed ... as i really wanted to it to happen ... but thing just change sudenly ... i did say in one of the threads that i maybe would be out of the country .... but at the time i did not think it would be on a perminent basis ..

but things are lookin up ... if Fluff can provide the venue and Jim can do the organisizing ... we have a start of a good UK team...
    and Fluff if the venue is the one on your website ... you are one of the most central venues in the UK ... it looks ideal ... and its easy to get to from everywhere ...... well as long as you dont live in Cromer ( norfolk ) that is ......

all the best .... Karl

the www.rocknite.co.uk is the nightclub thing. The pub is at www.firebugbar.co.uk . Both venues are in Leicester city center . Both free ! The pub serves food all day.

I also have smoke machines, sound etc and a few of the Neo laser Trinity and Matrix projectors to play with.

Would be no trouble if there is enough interest. I know one or two guys on here ,that don't ever post, that would probably show up.

Let me know.

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Looks excellent Fluff ....

and you do some great food and at really good prices ......

I will have to come and checkout your Thai red curry someday

all the best .... Karl

Just a few dress restrictions in the pub !

You know the score .

No burberry, sports strips , stone island , shell suits. It's a chav free area and over 18's only.

Sorry if your a sixteen year old football hooligan with no taste. You cant come in

Anytime for the curry Karl

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk