Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show number three baby!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Show number three baby!

This is a Quickshow beam show set to a song from by favorite band of all time, Rush, called The Big Money. I may get very ambitious and do one of their longer opuses but I'm also discovering sometimes less is more and it may require creating a lot more of my own cues.

Mega thanks goes to White-Light and bart for their cue contributions. It's a mixture of a few of my own, a few of theirs and a few that are stock with Quickshow. Like most shows, it looks better being scanned than being all overhead and more closely matches the preview window.

Enjoy!

The Big Money.zip

Your turning these things out. Great work
    leading in trailing technology

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it in general but, I'm also wondering if these shows are a bit too "busy". I hazed the ballroom and watched it a couple times tonight before going home and there are parts where there are almost too many beams to really "see" the look of the cue. I LIKE things that change more quickly as opposed to just letting a cue run on and on and on but, they don't always transition smoothly. I'm thinking less "room filling" beams and more single beams and small cones.

How do you manage to crank these out so fast? I only managed 1 minute of my Black Sabbath show in like 6 hours last night, slow going...

I'll run your show up later to check it out, I always enjoy seeing other peoples work. Cheers.
    This space for rent.

I didn't project it yet just looked at it preview.

Didn't look crazy busy, but I guess with them coming at ya coul yield a different perspective. The one thing I did always like about allthatwhichis work was the timing and the fact of no clutter. If it is a concern for ya have you looked at the work he did for you or the freebies he gave too us at selem. I love his hmm was it light remix show.

Just a thought for ideas.
    leading in trailing technology

Excellent Show Brad.... Love the music too

Thanks! Next up: "Fading Lights" by Genesis. I'm 5 minutes in to a 10 minute version of the song. This one is taking more time but, I'm really pleased with it so far and adding more single beams and manipulated cues.

*Click*
    *Downloading*
    *See you in 10 hours*
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Ahh fading lights... Such a thinking mans song... I almost think they wrote that about the end of Genesis ;/

Always wanted to hear it live in a stadium. It's just made for that. I'm at five and a half minutes now. :0)