Thread: be careful when deleting a PayPal account

Default be careful when deleting a PayPal account

Hey guys, here's something which can't be undone with PayPal and will make your credit card unusable with it:

1) Credit card can't be shared between multiple accounts. That makes sense for security reasons.
    2) To move a credit card from one account to another, you must first remove it from one and then add it to the other.
    3) Now here's something which doesn't make sense to me: delete an account when a credit card is assigned to it, and PayPal doesn't remove the credit card from the now deleted account automatically. The only way to remove it from the account and add it to another one is to log in to that account and do that. Since the account is deleted you can't log in to it to do so. Calling or emailing PayPal and proving them you are the owner of the deleted account and want to remove the credit card from it won't work either, I tried.

So there you go, be careful when deleting a PayPal account, remove all your credit cards manually before doing so, because PayPal doesn't do it automatically, which is weird to me.

I was just about to buy my first laser from Goldenstar and I had to contact them and apologize for not purchasing something I said I would on time (I have now).

(BTW, I had to delete my account and create a new one because PayPal doesn't allow you to change your country after registration.)
    Last edited by dream; 11-27-2013 at 23:16.