Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Blu-Ray info

Default More Blu-Ray info

check this out
    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=19792

I'll take 320mw of blue-violet please :-D

Smile

So long as it doesn't cost $5000, yeah - sounds great!

Seriously though, 350 mw of 405 nm blue would be pretty damn cool. (Assuming that they can get that much out of it CW and not just pulsed.)

Hmmm. Let's see now. Start with 350 nm of 405 nm blue, mix it with 200 mw of 473 nm blue, add 500 mw of 532 nm green, then 500 mw of 635 nm red and 400 mw of 658 nm red and you've got one hell of a projector!

I want one!

Of course, the total cost of such a rig would probably be so high that you'd be better off buying an 8 channel PCAOM and a medium frame Kr/Ar ion laser. But think of the possibilities...

Damn - the laser shows I could do if only I had Bill Gates' money!

Adam

Or even 1/2 of Bill Gates money

haha yeah. I asked Dave from Laser Spectacular once what they were running for lasers. He said there was 1/4 million $ of lasers on stage. wow!

Is that the LaserSpectacular who does the Pink Floyd shows?

The video looks awesome.
    I'd like to go to one.
    Do they ever do shows near Virginia?

Hey Steve-o...

They're doing one in Lakeland Florida next weekend... (See this thread.) Feel like going on a road trip? (Lakeland is just south of Orlando - call it 20 minutes outside of town.) Heck, pile the whole family in the car and take 'em to see the mouse. While they're watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom you can be watching a laser show! (Just a thought.)

Adam

Hey Adam
    Yeah Lakeland's where my grandparents used to live. Nice place from what I remember. We used to live in Ocala.
    Next time i feel like doing
    a 12 hour non-stop drive I'll check it out. Sorry 'bout the sarcasm, but it's really quite a long-haul from here to there!! I wish they'd do a show in NC or VA. It'd be closer for you too --right?

Steve

Oh and PS: the kid is 30 years old (yeah I'm and old fart) so the mouse is probably out
    Last edited by steve-o; 02-26-2007 at 04:34.

Smile

I hear ya Steve-o... My kids are older too. (20 and 18) Still, you can always take em to Seaworld or Universal... There's something for everyone in Orlando. But yeah, the 12 hour drive is a bitch. Heck, it's only a 7 hour drive for me and I bitch about it. But I'll go through a lot to see a decent laser show!

A show in NC would be closer to me - that's for sure. VA would probably be a wash vs FLorida. But there isn't anything on the tour schedule for that part of the country. Maybe when we meet Ryan we can ask him about the possibility of a show in our area.

Adam