Thread: Genesis - Fading Lights for Quickshow

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Genesis - Fading Lights for Quickshow

As promised, for your review and comment. There is a very small amount of tweaking I still want to do but, I want to get it uploaded to the Pangolin site before the 4th so wanted to throw it up here first. Thanks as always, goes to those whose cues I've made use of or possibly manipulated. I've watched it as an overhead beam show and a scanning show. Obviously it's better as a scanned show but still reasonably good as an overhead. A few cues look better under each scenario.

Fading Lights.zip

Enjoy!

Oh yeah... crank the music.

Little more research - The song is from the live album "The Way We Walk, Volume II: The Longs" Released in 1993 from their "We Can't Dance" tour in 1992. This song was recorded on July 13, 1992 at Niedersachsenstadion, Hannover, Germany.

SHIT!!

I just discovered a big chunk of the work I did, you may not be able to see. There are a ton of carefully timed target beams - more for brightness than hitting a mirror or something but, I just ran the show as a cue and not from the timeline and they're missing. I'm thinking if you don't have targets turned on then you won't see them. Aaaarrrggghhh! Fu%k! Sh*t! F#ck!

Oh well... guess you just gotta come to DeLEM at the end of the month.

Here may be a solution:

I basically have only ever used two tracks. The targeted beam effects are actually on both tracks 1 and 2. Targeted beams are something you have to "turn on" in Quickshow because of the nature of the cue. It's a full power beam and there is a tab that shows up at the bottom where Quick Timeline, Quick Effects, Quick Text etc shows up. There are 32 possible beam positions you can turn on or off and also aim. It has a grid pattern to help with alignment. The basic premise is for using your projector as a beam rail with 32 positions so you could target up to 32 mirrors or mirrorballs or whatever. There is a cue tab called targets as well and in there, there are about 12-14 pre designed patterns, or sequences.

Once you turn it on, then you can add those cues to your show - which I did. And, they were all timed to sequences of drum hits or keyboard notes. What dawned on me last night is that it's possible for safety reasons, that they don't allow those to be seen or used unless they are turned on. I turned on beam numbers 1-12 out of the 32 so, should you have time to experiment, maybe turning them on and positioning them will make them visable. I can test ithis theory as well on another computer at some point and report back.

trying it now brad ....still great music .take a bow your show was the first to run on the old cs projector running solid state lasers .just put my boys to bed .now it laser fun time. il try turn on beems and see what happens...still good show ...and my first running a timeline show .....no adat

Cool! Good luck with it. I'm reasonably certain that post 5 has the correct solution. I've asked Pangolin to amend my description on the show space to add that as well. You just need to turn on and activate quick targets and give a position to 1-12.

that did it bro like i sead nice job...i was going to get some work done last night but ending up watching shows all night........been a long time ........nice to be back blazing the beems.show worked great.......and learned some more on q beems......ok then i recorded it on adat.....kind of funny just cant leave the old days....
    Last edited by inova20; 12-08-2013 at 05:45.

Thanks for sharing this one Brad. I can tell you have been investing a lot of effort in timing the music. Hope you don`t mind if i use this one as eyecandy at my companys annual christmasparty.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Not at all! I'm trying. Quickshow's been pretty fun to play with now that I've finally started.