Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just getting Started - Need help please

Thanks guys.

So, the DT40 Pros...

I guess i'll require just the two of these then and that will suffice, no need for 'emergency' cut offs in the UK other than what amounts to 'pulling the plug' :-) ??

I believe there is someone on this board that supplies the DT40's, any idea how much they are ?

I'm getting there, slowly, and actually starting to understand ;-)... I really do appreciate everyones valuable input.

Many thanks

Jem

Jem, the member that sells the DT40pro is jian725.
    BTW just to clarify things they come in a pair, yyou dont need to order 2 sets.

Jim

Jem
    I believe they are 550 usd including shipping
    Steve

Default Price for DT40 Pro's

Price is from 550-600usd incl shipping

To follow up on Jimbo's post... The DT-40 Pro's cost $550, and for that you get a *pair* of scanners already installed in an X/Y mount, a pair of scanner amps, and a power supply to power the amps. You connect the output from your DAC to the input on the scanner amps, and then you connect the output from the scanner amps to the scanners themselves.

Edit: Cruch beat me by a minute! Steve-o beat me by two...

Thanks folks

I've just sent a PM to jian725 regarding the DT40pro scanners. I guess the next thing i'll need is an appropriate breadboard. What size should I be looking at considering that I will almost certainly want to expand beyond the single colour of green 532nm, possibly even into the realms of RGB. Would 500mm x 400mm be sufficient?

I have a fair few bits of kit kicking around that I use for holography, such as beam splitters and steering mirrors, so I guess i'm o.k. with that for the time being. Just need to be patient and wait to see what Pangolin come up with for their 'Hobbyist' kit.

Cheers

Jem

My RGB is 500x300 but it is on 2 levels, all the lasers and optics on the base and all the psu's and driver/amps on another level above it.
    The base is 6mm and the upper level 3mm, its pretty sturdy.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Luckily he is from this side of the pond and the regs are not half as bad as your variances.

Jim
    It depends where you are Jimbo !

Getting a laser through its risk assessment in the UK can be hit and miss.

The " licensing " ( or risk assessment ) of an installed laser is done through the local council in cooperation with the HSE and a qualified safety inspector. Bear in mind the safety inspector is hired by the venue, the licence is usually granted. Conditions can be imposed.

The rules are pretty constant worldwide, especially MPE's . The diffence is how they are policed and implemented.

Some councils & hse's in the UK have no problem with audience scans. We have sold many systems to do this with no issues. However, a couple of councils have refused audience scanning. In the states they do have mpe's similar to the UK, but ther policing and implementation is much harsher.

With regards to FB'3 and the software. I have a few projectors with them fitted. There are two types in our Neo projectors. Pro and Semi pro. The pro versions will work with live pro software and are in the Neo Professional range.

You can also buy an FB3 fitted in its own case with a 25 pin ILDA out , key switch and a panic interlock button. Again, a Neo toy ( sorry, must look like a sales pitch ! )

For the record, you can run the FB3 via USB from your laptop and software, trigger the internal card from DMX, or have an attached LED GUI interface with a basic keypad arrangement. The dmx and GUI are plugins to the fb3 motherboard.We generally use the USB port with a cat 5 extender for long runs. Anyone want a look or play in the UK, drop me a pm.

The set up is very good, but its not LD2000 ! Its features are limited in comparison to LD2000, but is more than enough for most users. And soooo cheap too

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

can the FB3 be an "slave" for the D2000 boards?

I'm not exactly sure what all can be done with the FB3 card. I know that it will function as a stand-alone player, so long as the whole show has already been loaded onto the compact-flash memory card. You can send show start and stop commands to the card either via DMX signals or via the USB port.

Based on what Fluff wrote, it does sound like you can "slave" a FB3 unit to an LD2000 board and use the DMX output on the LD2000 board to run the FB3 board as well. I guess you'd need to pre-load the files onto the card though, just as in the case above.

But I don't think you can send images to it on-the-fly, so to speak. I believe that anything you want to display on the FB3 board has to be first loaded onto the compact flash memory card.

Hayden Hale was talking about producing an entire show on an LD2000 board and then saving it to the FB3 unit. Evidently, so long as the whole show will fit on the memory card, once you've programmed the show it will play on the FB3 card *without* having the LD2000 card hooked up... (You could run the show either from a DMX lighting board or from the software that comes with the FB3 board and talks to it via USB.)

I'm wondering if this setup would only work for simple images though, or if it would work for any show. The abstract generator would seem to present a huge stumbling block, considering that the abstract generator is done in hardware on the LD2000 board and that abstract hardware doesn't exist on the FB3 board... Perhaps the LD2000 software will render the abstract frames as ilda and that's what you save to the FB3 card? I dunno. Lots of questions.

Adam