Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Just getting Started - Need help please

Adam

They sound really good, just waiting for Marconi to get in touch with me now. I now understand about the reason for the different power supplies, of course my green DPSS has TEC, so that's the obvious reason for all the extra electronics.

I'm surprised that there isn't some sort of (one way) mirrored coating on the front of the objective lens to help stop back reflections. I'll have to look into this as Optics is more my thing.

Cheers

Jem

So, the projector bits are arriving slowly but surely.

Just waiting for my red lasers to arrive from Marconi, that means I will shortly have red AND green. Now I just need a nice blue :-)

I have some prices for blue lasers from Lasercentury in Shanghai and Lasever. Do you folks know of any other decent dealers that supply GOOD blue DPSS lasers?

It seems that for 200Mw of blue it will be around the $1500/$1700 mark, for an extra $150 or so I can get a 250Mw. Is this a reasonable price, or is there something better cheaper? After 250Mw the price seems to rocket upwards :-(

My Reds will be around 450Mw of 655nm, my green is around 256Mw. How much blue do I actually need. I guess I can always attenuate the power of the Red/Green in order to get a balance.

Once i've got the blue sorted out I should be able to start assembling everything

Oh, one more thing... I REALLY could do with some laser goggles, any suggestions where to buy them at a decent price? I work in Optics and you'd think I would be able to get them cheaply, but all the companies we deal with charge megabucks even at cost price!!!

Cheers

Jem

I think goggles come up on eBay regularly.
    Have you asked Marconi to send the laser as a sample or something, because castoms sting you for VAT.

Jim

Hi Jim

The laser has being 'repaired' and is being returned as such ;-)

I had a search on Ebay the other day and didn't see anything useful. I guess being associated with optics makes me careful of the specifications of the laser goggles. I really want more than coloured lenses, something that has the required kitemarks or ANSI standards stamped on the sides would be good.

If anyone has a spectroradiometer kicking about that they don't require I guess I could tint some goggles myself as we have the necessary facilities. The only thing I don't have is a means of precisely checking the wavelengths being blocked. If I could get someone to loan me (free of charge of course) a Spectroradiowhateveritis for a few days I could make say 20 pairs or so and sell them on for cost price to anyone interested

Cheers

Jem