Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NELEM II

Nice!!!! Getting those photon tingles now.

I can bring music, but I have no equipment to fill a hall with.

I listen to Pink Floyd, to Black Sabbath, to Santana, and other rock/blues bands, to Zero 7, and Massive Attack. If you want House, or simular send me a play list and I'll gather what you need. Or anything you want to hear in fact.

I dont know if I can afford to stay a night, but I'll be there bright and early on Saturday.

Thank you for making this happen Kraser.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Wish I was closer. I have a couple LSX shows that would fun through one of your monster projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Worse comes to worse my son has been begging for some more of those 24" x 48" x 72" high industrial shelves, you saw, for his business. A 108" high mod would probably permit 2-4 projectors to be parked above head height .

My concern is content. I can run through my canned shows in about 45 min. We need someone like Bradfo69! And/or Bill has to build the bridge to the LD 2000 shows for all of us that can only run Beyond compatible content.

Krazer can tour the ultra-fast labs. I'll open up a projector and review the setup and technology. You can bring some software to remote control some non-coherent sources as with your displays (corporate and personal).
    Tech can bring some music? Any musicians even?

Kraser, this may be a little outside the envelope, but what about a nontraditional setting such as a sports facility or the basement of the nuclear reactor building? AKA Gorden Freeman!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Wish I was warmer where you are.

Swami,

Ya,what a missed opportunity! Your LSX stuff is world class, or more accurately, award winning. That would be a real counterpoint to everything... P.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i wish i could, money and time are at a premium right now.

Swami,

Ya,what a missed opportunity! Your LSX stuff is world class, or more accurately, award winning. That would be a real counterpoint to everything... P.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

We might want to see if Buffo would email a copy of the release just to have it.
    I just send a copy to you via E-mail. Feel free to use/modify as you see fit!

Adam

Hey, thanks Adam. I'll look for it.

One the music front I may be able to hobble together a small sound system. It wont be super loud, but will sound very clean.

Any music requests?? I have a lot of unpublished live shows from the bands I listed. Some songs run 20-30 minutes in length.

I can bring some food too, for a lunch. Like some homemade Italian garlic, and cheese sausage, with peppers, and onions. Italian cheese, anchovie, and olive stuffed banana peppers. We have an Italian bakery right near my house, I could pick up some fresh rolls. I can also make some marinated steak tips, Chinese teriyaki steak strips, or red boneless pork. Or we can go Mediterranean. Some stuffed grape leaves, hummus, baba ganoush, zaatar bread, or tabouli, with baked that day fresh syrian bread. Or American, BBQ ribs, hamburgers, baked potatoes, ect. Sorry, no hotdogs, they are against my food religion.

Damn, now you guys know why I'm fat, LMAO. I'm going to have to make a sandwich now, LOL.

I have a nice and small Weber portable gas grill. I'm not sure if the place will let me set it up though. If they dont I can still bring some nice cold appetizers, and snacks.

Whatever I can do let me know. It will be more fun hosting like a party, than just sitting around watching beams. When I do my volunteer work the food and tunes are on me, so I have it already dialed in. I'm an old pro. Hell, if I could swing it I'd bring a whole pig, and spit. Havent done one of those in a while.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Hell, if I could swing it I'd bring a whole pig, and spit. Havent done one of those in a while.
    Yep, that's it. We could park our gear outside the ultra-fast lab and set up a slow roster with a hog on a spit. We're SURE to get Kaszer points with the department head. I'm saying this because you weren't there last year, but we all looked a little like the Marx Brothers or your avatar scurrying around from room to room looking for a likely spot to set up the show.

But, seriously you are spot on about the support. Half (or more) of the fun is setting up, tuning, eating, adjusting, eating, discussing, eating...

Bring whatever music suits you. If Krazer locates a warehouse space, sometimes I have found they have unpredictable connectivity depending on your service provider and in that case you might have to depend on canned stuff.

If Krazer locates a warehouse space, sometimes I have found they have unpredictable connectivity depending on your service provider and in that case you might have to depend on canned stuff.
    ^^This comment just sank in now for some reason. All my stuff is canned. The music I listed, and listen to are live recordings that you cant buy, unless you frequent import shops, and record shows. I haven't listen to commercial music in over a decade, unless its live. Non-live music and laser shows dont make sense in my mind. I'm not part of the dance club, rave scene. This of course is my personal preference. When I saw Pink Floyd in '94 it drastically changed my view of live performances.

Photon tingles fading. Is this even happening anymore? Did the first LEM run like this?

Its down to 50/50 if I can make it now. There are other people who I invited on other forums that are waiting on confirmation too.